X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which shs piston right for me?

Hi people

Just recieved my new second hand Dboys PDW
    Wants to know if anyone can recommend which Piston would work with what already installed.

Internal already installed:
    Element 13.1 speed gears
    Shs springs all springs
    Shs air nozzle
    Shs cylinder head

Everything else is stock, so wants to replace piston, piston head, tappet, spring guide
    and high torque motor.
    Everything runs on a 7.4v lipo and shoots at 315fps which is ideal as its already got tightbore and new hop.

Any info and help will be much appreciated guys.

Regards Wai

Re: Which shs piston right for me?

if it aint broke... You don't really need a new piston head/piston/tappet and spring guide (assuming you have a bearing spring guide?) AFAIK stock DBOY parts aren't bad and unless the parts are worn out/ youre trying to tweak every last bit of performance out of it/ you have a large disposable income then it really isn't neccesary to replace them. You would see better results from ensuring you have perfect airseal, AOE, electrical circuit - have you got low #awg wiring, mosfet, deans/xt60? stabalising barrel, hop up mods then spending money on "upgrade" parts. imho. To answer your question though - probably the one with 1 metal tooth, or 3 metal teeth and SS if you're havine problems with preengagement?

Comment

Its very good to know as i didnt want to spend too much cash in somethings thats working well already, but now i know i can keep it in mind incase anything breaks in the future.
      Its all wired deans but no mosfet installed and im guessing its fitted with a stock spring guide not sure if they are bearing ones as havent taken it apart due to recieveing the gun today.
      But if i changed the stock motor out to a high torqure motor i wouldnt need to change anything?

regards Wai

Comment

No if your going to stick with the hi speed then

Get now
        ------------
        Airfet mosfet
        M4 pistol grip as it takes them with a shs hi torque motor

Don't need anything else and aoe is done and there's no wear on the teeth ... So updrading the piston would be pointless at the me

But when it does adventuraly wear out in you ... Stick with a poly piston like systema (last long)
        Swiss cheese it and will have to do the aoe again due to being a new piston then I would short stoke it by 2 teeth on piston and selector gear with a m100 witch will be about 310 fps again after short stroking it

A shs bearing spring guild will help with a bearing piston head (reduces stress) with new piston ring

Comment

No offence intended, but if/when you open the gearbox, do you know all the parts/what youll be doing if not there are a few good stickies in this sub=forum that will help you to understand.

Also when changing parts you should have an objective, so do you want higher/lower rof/fps/accuracy/consistancy/reliability/trigger response and that will help you with choosing which part is the best fit. I wouldn't imagine you would need to change anything if replacing the motor (though you'll probably need to correct motor height) but then again i am not familiar with the parts in your gearbox so would not really be able to advise you on that, but you should think in terms of why your current motor is not satisfactory for you, and what it is that you desire from the new motor, so in this case tourque, what is the current tourque of your current motor, and new motor, and also consider drainage on battery relative to gear ratio to deside what best new motor would be. I hope that helps a little.

Comment

cheers to Humphriesryan as you definatley know the gun much better then i do and to Ells i very much appreciate your advice always good to learn more.
            The reason i thought i change out the motor as wanting a more higher rate of fire and trigger response.
            should of done more research in the first place, noob to searching so my bad and if mod want to delete thread i be happy as dont want to waste space on here

regards Wai

Comment

I would go for the blue one with the 7 tooth steel rack, the others are overkill for most setups. The full steel rack ones are only necessary where the load in the initial stages is too much for the plastic alternative teeth to cope with. You are best sticking with the nylon teeth where possible for the initial pickup as it's more forgiving to the minor piston timing errors that occur. The full steel racks also weigh more.
              Polycarbonate isn't the ideal choice of plastics for both the piston and the piston head, SystemA's Piston in particular is very brittle and you will almsot certainly see the initial pickup tooth fail without warning. Certainly a no go for any kind of high speed build. This applies to all of their V2/3 pistons; Red, Black new type (both hexagonal bodies) and the Black one made by Area 1000 (SystemA's budget line)
              MOSFET is a must really, especially with a high torque motor in mind, and the 13:1 gearset.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

waimando Find out more about waimando
              Working...
              X