Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

M4 dead motor, weak motor or wiring problems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 dead motor, weak motor or wiring problems???

Hi guys I've got a problem. For about a month I've found that my motor is failing to turn my gearbox. I've traced the problem to be one of three things. A Brocken motor, a weak motor or a faulty wire.

Basically when I pull the trigger I find that my motor makes a quarter second click and then wires start getting hot... So what do we believe to be the problem???
    Thanks
    J

Re: M4 dead motor, weak motor or wiring problems???

Could be many things including a binding gearbox . Badly shimmed , bearing. / bushing failure , motor height adjustment ( to tightly meshed ) lack of lube in g/ box .
    Arced trigger contacts , shorted / damaged wiring , motor bearing failure , motor brushes worn , ( motor gets ampage hungry ) crap motor in the first place ( ares ) . Start with the easiest and work inwards . . A multimeter may make life easier !
    Don't forget the dreaded ! Shorted out/ damaged / loose Tamiya connector problems ... Also check the gearbox is not jammed first .

Comment

Will do thanks.

Comment

Use the in jamming tool and check the barrel , magwell / hop for any crunched./ jammed bbs before doing anything .

Comment

Yeah I've had it apart many a time in the last few days to an avail of finding a problem. I guess I will have to take the gearbox apart now. :/
          J

Comment

Almost sounds like the motor connections are the wrong way around... Check they're correct (red to +, black to the unmarked terminal). I've seen this once before and it was doing similar things.

Although it could be the motor height. If it's too high it won't turn and the wiring will get hot.

EDIT - Try taking the motor out of the pistol grip and reconnecting it while it's in your hand. Connect the battery and pull the trigger. I often do this to test the motor. If the motor spins fine, you may need to delve into the gearbox...
            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah I have tested the motor and alls fine. All the right way round and so on. But I believe your in Norfolk are you not? Is there anyway if worse cometo worse we could arrange something?
              J

Comment

I am indeed. I don't tend to work on other peoples guns but I can help if you really get stuck.

One other thing to try before opening it up. While the motor is out, take the pistol grip off and look in the motor hole at the bottom of the gearbox.. See if you can lift the anti reverse lever up. This will release the piston if it's half cocked.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeas Find out more about jakeas
                Working...
                X