Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box problems

Hey,

I am currently working on my first custom gun build, my base gun is a G&P commando. I have already had quite a few problems, but I am now stumped on my current one. The build is pretty much just 13:1 gears, shimmed, new wiring/trigger contacts and mosfet.

Enough back ground, my issue is when I put the gun together it wouldn't cycle on semi but would on full auto (with a nice ROF). So I thought screw it I will just use my pistol for semi only games, this shit is to hard. But after trying the M4 again today the gear box locked up on semi, and wouldn't unlock using full auto, so I have popped it open but can't see why it would jam.

I am hoping there is a really easy solution, and something obvious my newby brain hasn't seen, so any solutions or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Tim

Re: Gear box problems

have you upgraded to a high torque motor ? if not then that is likely the problem , the standard motor is fine for standard ratio's or 16:1 ratio but 13:1 takes a lot more grunt ,as for the not getting semi ,the shims on the underside of the sector gear may be fouling the cut off lever, you may have noticed that the shims not only come in different thickness but also bigger and smaller diameter ,for the underside of the sector gear you need to use the smaller diameter shims or they can foul the cut of lever (semi trigger re-setting lever).hope that helps.
    Dadio

Comment

If its a g&p gearbox did u file off the piece of metal which will trap the spur gear?
      Tokyo marui recoil sopmod, g&p stubby, tm vsr gspec

Comment

Thanks, the advice seems sounds. Do you think the G&P M160 motor would work? I am shooting at arround 325 fps.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes I did to a bit of filling in the gear box

Comment

yup that motor should be fine, must be something else?.

Comment

I have a M120 motor atm, but would go to the M160 motor

Comment

A stock motor will cycle 13:1 gears fine with an m100.

I'd double check the shimming. Did you put all the screws in the gb after you'd shimmed each gear, then again at the end with all the gears in?

Have a play with the motor height too.
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

Big thanks to everyone who has posted, going to have another go at it tonight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

timwood Airsoft player in Cambridge Find out more about timwood
                Working...
                X