Marui M14 spring advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui M14 spring advice

I have a Marui M14 Socom, shoots really well but maybe lacks a bit of range/punch compared to what I am used to at 290 FPS.

I don't want to stress the gearbox with an M100 or M110 spring, as I say it shoots very well, but are there any gains to be had from dropping in an M90 spring?

I've read/heard opinions ranging from 'waste of time' to 'you'll hit 330 FPS in an M14 by dropping in an M90 spring don't put a M100 in there or you'll be over 350 FPS and will have to start changing the internals' to 'not really worth it, you'll gain very little and possibly unsettle the gear box so not worth doing'.

What's people's experience of dropping in an M90? Worth it or a waste of time?

Thanks.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Marui M14 spring advice

No one can tell you mate as it's to do with your air seal ... Everyone's different

FPS of SHS springs:

M90: 290-320
    M100: 320-350
    M110: 350-380
    M120: 380-420
    M130: 430 FPS
    M140: 450 FPS
    M150: 480 FPS
    M160: 510 FPS
    M170: 540 FPS

This is the shs guide they have and if a m90 does 290-320 that's good but you will only be getting the 320 if your air seal is really good ... So first check your air seal ie hop/piston/cylinder and airnozel and if there really good then get the m90 but if it sucks sort it out and crono again as it may go up (highly unlit as tm always have low fps)

Comment

Thanks humphriesryan,
      Do you know if the M90 spring is stronger than the standard TM spring in the M14s? If it would increase it from 290, which is what it chronos at the moment, to 320 I'd be happy...
      The last thing I want though is to upset the internals of what is a fantastic gun.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

M100 all day, with hop set the fps should be bellow 350, stock internals should cope with this no problem.

Comment

I also say don't bother touching it.
          The G&G M14's are a lot hardier and can take a bit more abuse. The TM ones are so good to begin with, I wouldn't bother. 290 is about 90~meters per sec isn't it?
          Sorry, I still haven't gotten used to thinking in FPS, but if it's in the 90's area in MPS, that's fine. Having said that, I'm limited to 1 Joule over here and thus I don't the benefits of higher FPS. I've seem many TM M14's throw hissy fits when tinkered with though...
          Cheers

Comment

M90 would be fine in it but check all your air seals first ... And may ry ptfe tape the barrel and hop to kelp air in and barrel stableizer Ie to stop barrel moving give more accuracy and air seal shot after shot .... Like above done go higher than that unless using the tm clone gb body's as there stonger

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
            Working...
            X