Marui AK47 locking gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui AK47 locking gear box

After a friend of mine popped the folding stock off my Marui AK47s I repaired it, just needed a replacement spring but after I did that the fire selector wasn't quite correctly aligned (wasn't going back to full auto when switching from semi). So this morning took it apart to line up the fire selector switch again, put it back together and dry fired it to test the selector switch was lined up, seemed to be working fine but then...

Gear box seizes up and the fuse pops.

So I release the anti reverse latch through the hole the motor goes into and the box unwinds itself. Reattach the motor and after a cycle, maybe two the gear box seizes up again.

I don't have the skills to open the gear box, or rather I've not done it before. Any ideas about what it might be?

It does fire at 330FPS so somebody before me has put a stronger spring in it, which could have stripped something in the gear box?

Advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by Trouble; 10 October, 2013, 11:56.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Marui AK47 locking gear box

Is your battery charged up ? On its last legs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
      Is your battery charged up ? On its last legs ?
      That is a good point and something I have thought about, and I have it on charge... I believe it is fine... Will update in 30 mins.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

UPdate, battery is fine, it's only a few a couple of months old. The motor spins fine when it's not attached to the gear box.

The fuse blowing when I was trying to turn the motor probably a good indication it has power?

Hmmmm

Comment

bad news mate your gonna have to strip the box, the good news its a V3 and it will be good for you . your going to have to get in there sooner or later.
          The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Whilst your in there upgrade any bits that are not up to the job mate.

Comment

If you've only faffed with the selector plate, it's fair to suggest that that may be causing a problem... Try removing the plate and holding the cutoff lever forward/down whilst pulling the trigger.
              Last edited by a_flea; 10 October, 2013, 15:09.
              Originally posted by Walter Gropius
              If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                If you've only faffed with the selector plate, it's fair to suggest that that may be causing a problem... Try removing the plate and holding the cutoff lever forward/down whilst pulling the trigger.
                I've not done anything with the selector plate, just the fire select that you need to take off to remove the gear box on the other side of the gear box.

The Motor spins fine (when not attached to the gearbox), but won't turn the gearbox, which seems jammed.

Comment

Oh I see, crossed wires...
                  Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                  If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Gear box is open, looks like the plastic spring guide has snapped, I'm assuming that bent metal washer is off that?

The rest of the box looks ok, but my gear box eyes are novice.

image.jpg
                    image copy 2.jpg
                    image copy 3.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                    Working...
                    X