Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

JG G36, Piston Strip, Advice for new bits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG G36, Piston Strip, Advice for new bits!

Hi Guys,
    My troblesome JG G36, has gone and stripped the piston, so i need a new one, all the piston related bits are stock at the moment, Any recommendations for new bits? i guess i will have to replace all 4 piston bits?
    Any help is appreciated!
    Cheers

Re: JG G36, Piston Strip, Advice for new bits!

Originally posted by Jamos169 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    My troblesome JG G36, has gone and stripped the piston, so i need a new one, all the piston related bits are stock at the moment, Any recommendations for new bits? i guess i will have to replace all 4 piston bits?
    Any help is appreciated!
    Cheers
    Would this work?

SHS 15 Steel Teeth Standard Poly Carb Blue Piston £12.00

SHS Aliuminium CNC Piston head red £9.00

Prometheus Hard Cylinder for Barrel length 250-201 £19.00

SHS G36 Aluminium Gold Cylinder head with padding £10.00

Subtotal (Exc. VAT) £41.67
    VAT (20%) £8.33
    Total £50.00

Comment

Have you got a pic of the damage?

I can't imagine why you would need to replace more than the piston unless it's a piston/piston head combination...
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I'll second on he flea's comment

- - - Updated - - -

I'll second on he flea's comment

Comment

As said, which ares of the piston assembly have failed? It maybe simply a cause of getting a new piston.
          Ideally you a replacement Nylon piston would solve the issue. SHS 15 tooth is a huge overkill.
          The cylinder wont need replacing unless the release tooth of the previous piston came loose and scraped the bore.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'd also strongly recommend against getting a full steel tooth rack piston. You want the piston be to a mechanical fuse in your gearbox, if something fails, I'd rather it was the piston. Replacing a stripped piston is easy, and around £12 or so. Steel teeth don't break as easily, so if something does go, its going to start damaging gears and possibly worse. A very strong polycarb piston will be perfectly suited to 90% of builds. Something like the Lonex Blue (£12) or the Lonex Red for just under £20.
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, the cylinder head seems ok with a few scrapes, but it screws in to the bit that connects the piston to the spring on this JG it's odd, so I assumed they wouldn't work with other aka normal pistons. As my understanding is most springs don't attach physically to the piston? Also what would cause a piston to strip, it has literally taken a clean chunk out off all of the teeth minus the first metal on and the last three plastic ones! Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

As far as I know the JG's have a piston with separate head but the spring is connected to the head soooo, if you replace the head you will need a new spring.

I would never recommend a full metal rack, 7 metal/7 plastic at most.

the JG piston head is rubbish so i would go with new one with a new spring.

and the cylinder head is okish so only replace that if you have the spare cash but if money is tight it will be fine to leave.

the cylinder itself, unless it is damaged I would leave it. As I remember I'm sure they have ported cylinders so if anyone can help out here (I don't know much about cylinders, I just leave them stock)

Hope this helps
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have a new spring, and if I need a new piston head does that not mean I need a new cylinder? So if I just brought a lonex blue piston and piston head I should be good to go, ps I have a lonex hop up unit so should I switch to a lonex nozzle? Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

My advice is whilst not the cheapest method, buy a full cylinder kit.
                    At least go like for like manufacturer.
                    The piston head, cylinder, cylinder head and nozzle are integral to compression.
                    If they are made by the same manufacturer and are the same 'series' of components, you shouldn't have any issues on the sealing front.

I had a guarder cylinder kit a while ago, the only thing I've changed is the piston body as I shredded the guarder one being a moron, otherwise it was a solid setup that lasted 3 plus years (cylinder, head and piston head are getting on 4-5 years old now and has seen possibly hundreds of thousands of rounds).
                    The piston was solid but I stupidly fitted a far bigger battery than it was set up for so it acted as a mechanical fuse.
                    The setup also has as near as damn it a perfect air seal too.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jamos169 Find out more about Jamos169
                    Working...
                    X