TM sopmod m4 RIS system questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM sopmod m4 RIS system questions

hi guys, i recently bought a tm m4 recoil and now i want to upgrade it !! I am looking into a 12 inch rail system as i find these good for me, my only question is do i need to do anything extra to the gun to make it fit?
    i mean obviously i would need to get the delta ring off and the front triangle sight off but apart from these 2 is there anything extra on a sopmod that i should be aware of before i buy the RIS ?
    Thanks
    Charlie.

Re: TM sopmod m4 RIS system questions

all pretty much fit thogh i guess its hard to tell as not everyone has brought and fit every ris..

maybe stick to the popular ones.. like madbull.. if you buy a 9.99 jg ris maybe youll come a croper..

Comment

There isn't anything "extra" per se, although you might need shims and the right tools to prevent any undue wobble.

Recoil guns vibrate a lot and as such they are prone to things coming a bit loose.

If you are a recoil owner, I wholly recommend investing in the Laylax wrench, some decent screwdrivers and some appropriate Loctite.

Comment

thanks, yeah i am thinking of a madbull mk18 9.5 inch Daniel defense rail, and i will but some loctite soon as well

Comment

I've fitted a couple of those. No biggies. Just use the shims.

Comment

go easy on the loctite on sopmods, ive had to fixed lots that red loctite was used on and players rounded threads trying to remove them.. red loctite when its set sometimes can need heat to loosen if you cant get enough purchase on it. The do different levels a weak blue if you have to use loctite. When you know how to strip down the stock tube and ris, its really only 3 or 4 screws which work them selves loose. These can be checked once a month with a bit of attention. And a laylax wrnech will mean you can tighten the front and back rings. = nice and solid sopmod.

Comment

wow, okay thanks a lot of info there that i did not know, going to pro airsoft supplies at the weekend to pick up the RIS and i will have a look around for some loctite, thanks !

Comment

Edit your post mate .. Not allowed to mention other retailers in here , something to do with communism I believe !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheObsessedAirsofter Find out more about TheObsessedAirsofter
                Working...
                X