Low FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Low FPS

Yeah thats a cylinder port, it's supposed to be there. If anything, it should be twisted round a little, so its kinda in line (ish) with the hole in the side of the cylinder head, but its not biggie.

Again, it's probably the seal between the piston head/cylinder or cylinder head/cylinder (or a bit of both)
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
      Yeah thats a cylinder port, it's supposed to be there. If anything, it should be twisted round a little, so its kinda in line (ish) with the hole in the side of the cylinder head, but its not biggie.

Again, it's probably the seal between the piston head/cylinder or cylinder head/cylinder (or a bit of both)

Well while I have her apart I may as we'll upgrade the piston, piston head, spring and spring guide just for piece of mind.

Shal I get the same tooth piston as the one that came out? I take it buy both the piston head and piston in the same brand?
      Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

If your going down that route, then go for the Lonex Blue piston, Lonex POM piston head and a steel ball bearing spring guide. Lonex do one as well, so could just go for that. They can all be bought from the same retailer, but its not Zero One. Mine come from a Laboratory of Air. If your doing all those, I would personally buy the Lonex aluminium cylinder head as well (its double O ring'ed for extra seal) and a new air nozzle, which also comes with a o ring inside, again, up's your air seal.

While you can mix and match branded parts, its not always recommended. Often these parts are designed to work exactly with one another, and as such the tolerances are built to match each other.

The above parts will serve you very well, very high quality. Springs, I personally use a Guarder M90. Gives me 330 on the dot every time from my setup (using the same Lonex parts as above). Depending on hop unit and such, your FPS could be as low as 300. Depends what FPS you want at the end!

With pistons, you want it to be a mechanical muse. So, dont get a full steel tooth rack, as nylon fibre shreds in a nicer way than steel!!
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

If your going down that route, then go for the Lonex Blue piston, Lonex POM piston head and a steel ball bearing spring guide. Lonex do one as well, so could just go for that. They can all be bought from the same retailer, but its not Zero One. Mine come from a Laboratory of Air. If your doing all those, I would personally buy the Lonex aluminium cylinder head as well (its double O ring'ed for extra seal) and a new air nozzle, which also comes with a o ring inside, again, up's your air seal.

While you can mix and match branded parts, its not always recommended. Often these parts are designed to work exactly with one another, and as such the tolerances are built to match each other.

The above parts will serve you very well, very high quality. Springs, I personally use a Guarder M90. Gives me 330 on the dot every time from my setup (using the same Lonex parts as above). Depending on hop unit and such, your FPS could be as low as 300. Depends what FPS you want at the end!

With pistons, you want it to be a mechanical muse. So, dont get a full steel tooth rack, as nylon fibre shreds in a nicer way than steel!!
          Ahh I know the place

Right ok, seems like a cool set up.is the amount of teeth on the piston ok?

My hop up isn't standard and after further investigating it has a blue rubber inside? Madbull?

Also leave the gears how they are?

I was hoping for around 330 mark on fps, will a m100 achieve this? Or stick to a m90 to be safe?
          Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Good if you know the place! Excellent place for top notch upgrade parts.

The Lonex blue piston is fine out the box, has the correct number of teeth. You only have a normal V2 gearbox, so you don't need an extended piston, and your not using helical gears so you dont need a half tooth piston.

Other manufacturers use bright colours for their hop rubbers, so just because its blue doesnt automatically mean its a madbull. That said, Madbull get recommended all over the show, so its quite likely that it is a Madbull rubber.

Leave the gears as they are, unless your looking to really up the ROF of the gun. So long as the gears arent damaged (they dont look to be at all in the pic) Id leave them as they are.

If you are changing those compression components to the ones suggested, then a Guarder M90 spring should get you pretty much there. Its impossible to say exactly what it will give as no 2 gearboxes/hop/barrel combinations are identical. In my set up, my M90 gives bang on 330 every time, and the M100 gave me around 380, but other people use M110's and only get 340 FPS. Different makes of spring is another variable. Honestly, I cant say with certainty what it will give, all I can say is what mine gave me. That said, if you aim for 330 FPS, you will have a nice safe margin, so you know your gun is site legal at a good 90% of sites. Some say the limit is 328, others I have seen down at 320 and such. My site is 350 Max, so my setup was built for that. 330 is more than adequate. Its always better to be under than over!
            sigpic

Comment

Good if you know the place! Excellent place for top notch upgrade parts.

The Lonex blue piston is fine out the box, has the correct number of teeth. You only have a normal V2 gearbox, so you don't need an extended piston, and your not using helical gears so you dont need a half tooth piston.

Other manufacturers use bright colours for their hop rubbers, so just because its blue doesnt automatically mean its a madbull. That said, Madbull get recommended all over the show, so its quite likely that it is a Madbull rubber.

Leave the gears as they are, unless your looking to really up the ROF of the gun. So long as the gears arent damaged (they dont look to be at all in the pic) Id leave them as they are.

If you are changing those compression components to the ones suggested, then a Guarder M90 spring should get you pretty much there. Its impossible to say exactly what it will give as no 2 gearboxes/hop/barrel combinations are identical. In my set up, my M90 gives bang on 330 every time, and the M100 gave me around 380, but other people use M110's and only get 340 FPS. Different makes of spring is another variable. Honestly, I cant say with certainty what it will give, all I can say is what mine gave me. That said, if you aim for 330 FPS, you will have a nice safe margin, so you know your gun is site legal at a good 90% of sites. Some say the limit is 328, others I have seen down at 320 and such. My site is 350 Max, so my setup was built for that. 330 is more than adequate. Its always better to be under than over!
              Ahh that's good to know. My rate of fire seems to be ok, it not really a problem for me at the mo as I'm still only a novice at the sport. Ok that's fine, I'll give the m90 a whirl and then if I'm getting no better results I'll up her to the m100 and so on.

Once again thanks for all the info and not being patronising just because I'm a noob... Really appreciate the help
              Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Theres no point changing gears for the sake of it, unless you are really looking to change the ROF or the torque produced then leave them be.

I'd be confident that an M90 would be all you'd need. If you have to really up the spring strength and your still under the 350 mark (ignoring things like DSGs, short stroked pistons and such here) then you have a really, really poor air seal!
                sigpic

Comment

Before doing anything try another chrono so you know it was not a faulty chrono reading ,
                  Also lube the piston seals and if no improvement go from there ,

Comment

Just butting in here, i bought a new G&G CM16 raider and when it arrived the shop (LWA) said it chronoed at 320fps, but when i took it to my site it chronoed at 267fps. which is quite a big drop, due to the site being CQB I'm not too worried at the moment but going for a woodland one soon so it might suffer. The information above me helped a lot so thanks for that! I really want to get my gun to 345fps just to have peace of mind

Im quite interested to see how the change in O rings and potential spring change helped with your FPS. would appreciate a update if you can.
                    cheers!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                    Working...
                    X