Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop rubbers with short lips ???

Hi guy's
    Iv been looking for a hop rubber with short lips as I use a 5KU/prowin ak hop and these tend to jam if the lips protrude into the feed tube (which most do).
    I cant find any info and looking at pictures doesnt realy help.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Si

Re: Hop rubbers with short lips ???

I don't wish to discredit your technical abilities but is it possible that you are jamming the hop rubber and barrel to hard into the hop unit? Causing disformation/over extended bucking lips?
    I have done it many times, now becomes habit to check that the line of sight down the barrel is completely circular...!
    sigpic

Comment

You want the hop lips to protrude around the barrel, Otherwise all the bbs will just feed straight out of the mag, down the barrel and onto the floor.

Comment

Grounded pilot. No its not my technical ability lol. I regularly strip and repair gearboxes. Boo I'm taking about the feed tube not the barrel.
        On the prowin/5ku ak hops the gap between the end of the barrel and the feed tube is too small hence the need for a bucking with short lips.
        I hope that makes sense.

Comment

Of all I've used KM/Head 1950 has the shortest lip. It was something I looked into a while ago trying to improve high speed feeding.
          Below is my KM RH45 (green) next to the Stock Marui. Notice the lips are significantly shorter, but are thicker. There was also no loss of energy and general energy and accuracy consistency was better at 40rps+.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
            Of all I've used KM/Head 1950 has the shortest lip. It was something I looked into a while ago trying to improve high speed feeding.
            Below is my KM RH45 (green) next to the Stock Marui. Notice the lips are significantly shorter, but are thicker. There was also no loss of energy and general energy and accuracy consistency was better at 40rps+.
            Thanks sniperjesus thats exactly what I was looking for

Comment

alternatively you can cut the "C" clip locating grooves on the side of the barrel to allow the barrel to be slightly less deep in the hop, simply push the barrel into the hop the correct depth and using a Stanley blade score the barrel through the aperture for the "C" clip , remove the barrel and extend the groove to the score line on the barrel with a needle file.had to do this loads of times with parts with bad tolerances to stop feed jams and once done you don't need a specific hop rubber .

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                alternatively you can cut the "C" clip locating grooves on the side of the barrel to allow the barrel to be slightly less deep in the hop, simply push the barrel into the hop the correct depth and using a Stanley blade score the barrel through the aperture for the "C" clip , remove the barrel and extend the groove to the score line on the barrel with a needle file.had to do this loads of times with parts with bad tolerances to stop feed jams and once done you don't need a specific hop rubber .
                Hi dadio. I have done just what you say on several occasions but for some reason it doesn't work so well with the 5ku/prowin hop units.
                I would love to know why something that's supposed to be an upgrade has such an obvious problem.
                At the moment I am using normal rubbers with the lips shaved on the feed tube side.It works but I would prefer not to have to butcher the rubbers.

Btw the APS UAR uses a copy of the 5ku/prowin hop and has the exact same problem.

Si

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sigee Find out more about sigee
                Working...
                X