X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly bucking soft (worth it )??

Hi guys

I have a few questions about firefly bucking,
    I have just bought firefly bucking soft for my vfc scar L so here are my questions.
    1. what is the best nub to use with it ? or can it use the std nub ?
    2. is there anything better * as in bucking wise ?
    3. was it worth the 26 quid lol?

and personal experience welcome.

Re: Firefly bucking soft (worth it )??

I have one and love it, I use it with a guarder 6.04 in my AK and splash out for decent BBs, and am very happy with the results.

1. Nub wise, there is a specific firefly nub. Don't doubt its good but I've just used mine with the standard nub and its amazing. Looking at the firefly nub, it looks to extend the contact area, so will require less downward pressure, I'd imagine the idea is to give you smoother application which will improve your range some more, but will also result in the hop scrubbing even less FPS off to apply the hop, which would mean a spring downgrade to me!

2. Not that I've used, but I'm always curious. Next time I see one in stock I'll be getting a maple leaf monster to play with as I hear good things.

3. Maybe not £26, I got mine for less. But they are a bit hard to come by right now, I was looking for a second and not finding any at less than you got yours right now. If you wanted it right now then £26 was the way to go.

Comment

cheers mate for the reply
      and yeah iv also heard good thing about the maple leaf and also the A+ bucking .. hmmm i may need one of them to be my next purchase lol

Comment

well if you get there before me let me know how they stack up. I'm a bit slow in buying now as having to save for a holiday.

Comment

Yeah I think in gonna be doing a big order this Friday and losslably check what this promy barrels are all about lol

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use firefly nubs in most of my guns.
            Even with a standard hop rubber its impressive.
            However, combined with the FF hop rubber, its fantastic.
            Expensive but oh so awesome.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Hmmm I may get the nub in Friday then lol

Comment

I've got the Firefly bucking but not their nub. combined with a Prometheus 6.03 barrel I've had excellent results, very consistent. Im perfectly happy with what I'm using. maybe on my next project gun ill try adding the FF nub as well.

all in all, worth the extra few quid, although i don't think i paid £26!
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

At the moment I rate the firefly and guarder clear the highest . The madbull ones seem to be very hit and miss at the moment .

Comment

Lol well to be fair £4 was delivery... And does anyone know what the best piston is for high speed set Ups ... Cost no option lol

Comment

I've got a Prometheus tb barrel with a maple leaf hop rubber and fire fly nub. I use only ASG BB's. It works great. Excellent group, excellent distance.

The only problem I've noticed is I can only use. 0.3g BB's even with the hop fully off.
                      But saying that, the last game I played I had to turn the hop up abit, so hopefully I may be able to go back to 0.25g.

Would definitely recommend

Comment

Originally posted by poacher2k View Post
                        Lol well to be fair £4 was delivery... And does anyone know what the best piston is for high speed set Ups ... Cost no option lol

Lonex Blue which is then swiss cheesed...
                        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

+ 1 for the Lonex / shs pistons

Comment

So I had a problem with mine yesterday, went from hopping .28s perfectly to barely able to lob-shot 40m. Still crono-ing the same.

A couple of guys asked if it was the cooler conditions, but it wasn't that much cooler. Would that be the problem? or do I need to see if it's shifted in the unit.

Comment

Hmmm maybe be a dirty barrel ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poacher2k ex - front line infantry Find out more about poacher2k
                              Working...
                              X