Removing Delta Ring on an M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Delta Ring on an M4

I have just bought a G&P M653, and want to see if i can put a different front end on the gun, but thing is, i can't seem to remove the delta ring.

I have remove the gas block and tube etc, i'm just left with the spring-loaded delta ring. Which when pulled back leaves a toothed "gear" like ring, which supports the gas tube. Any ideas how to remove this, have tried to unscrew it, but it seems to be fixed solid, will it be + or - threaded?

The ring on the right in this pic:

Gear like ring here:

Cheers,

JB
    Trader Feedback

Re: Removing Delta Ring on an M4

Ideally you need an armourers tool mate. Many retailers stock them but you might not find them listed on their websites, just ring around. It should cost £10 or so.
    Using anything else could damage the Delta Ring and yourself!

Comment

I've used a plastic covered plumbers wrench on mine. It's designed to tighten plastic pipe fittings, so it won't damage the ring and, as a bonus, the ring digs into the plastic that covers the wrench jaws and gives a really good grip.

I agree with chris u'5, though, that anything metal will just knacker the ring.
      sigpic

Comment

I would remove the front sight post by removing the two pins and maybe loosening an allen key under the sling loop then pull it forward. This will remove the gas tube from the Delta Ring. I would then replace the two handguards firmly in the dlata ring and use them as grip to untwist the Delta Ring.

Works for me?

Comment

I have now acquired the correct tool, though it is still not budging, are there any other pins left to knock out?

Cheers,

JB
          Trader Feedback

Comment

as long as the front sight gas tube are out and your turning clockwise ( if your holding the body and barrel away from you) some deltas i have found can be very stiff
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

krazy_horse Find out more about krazy_horse
            Working...
            X