Muzzle shims for timing a muzzle brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle shims for timing a muzzle brake

So as an engineer I detest using a grub screw onto a thread to time a muzzle brake so that it's correctly aligned. In addition the problem with a grubscrew is it forces the MB off axis, so when I fit a tracer suppressor to it I'll get a baffle strike, which is just not ideal.

Essentially, I'm after some shims like the ones that the real things come with, but I'd really not rather pay 18 quid from a ridiculously overpriced importer of RS gear when I have two brakes to time, especially when they are for RS guns (1/2" thread, or 12 and a bit mm), which means they probably wont fit over a 14mm airsoft muzzle thread.

Do any airsoft manufacturers make muzzle shims that don't come with a brake included for the price? (I'm also in a similar predicament with a barrel nut as well, and madbull's farcical "shim set" is of no use whatsoever - who wants a 2mm shim??? seriously??)
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: Muzzle shims for timing a muzzle brake

When i have to shim barrel nuts, i bring out my o-ring kit. There will always be a size in there that i can use. The only issue with using o-rings is that if you over tighten things, it will break the o-ring. This has never caused any wobble issues, but can look messy as sometimes little bits of the o-ring end up on show.

Comment

I have 5-10 flash hider shims which came with my g&p front end. I can pop them in the post for you?
      sigpic

Comment

I use O-rings too.

The fact that they squish gives that extra tolerance and if it is compressed slightly it has the same effect as a spring washer.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
        Working...
        X