Fitting a delta ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a delta ring

Hi I'm wanting to fit a delta ring to my g&g cm16 raider. I was wanting to know if anyone has tried it on a similar or the same gun. Ultimately would it work?

Re: Fitting a delta ring

The delta ring is the big nut that holds the barrel to the upper receiver. If you don't have one fitted, you might want to check that your barrel is still attached.........
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Actually the Delta ring is the part that sits on top of the big nut ( funnily enough its called the barrel nut ) on a standard AR. It is used to hold the handguard on, not the barrel.

The Op has a CM16 Raider which has a free float rail, so no delta ring. He wants to know if he can remove the rail and fit a regular delta ring. The answer is probably, not familiar with this particular gun. but if it's like most AR you should be able to do it.

Either wait for someone here to give you the answer of give Zero In a quick call n ask them.

Edited because I can't type worth shit.
      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Big als right it's a free float system that's on now. Wanting to know if a delta ring will fit over the barrel nut

Comment

I still don't understand why you want to fit a delta ring? If its a free float system, it'll be one part surely, not the 2 part ris that separate.

Yes the delta ring is the bit that holds handguards on, but it'll be integral to the barrel nut, you need a certain type of barrel nut for a delta ring, whereas a free float ris will use a completely different design of barrel nut.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

I'm wanting to fit a magpul moe handguard. I'd need a delta ring to fit that from what I can gather

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem I've used many different Barrel/Handguard combos on mine ranging from standard M4 type to freefloater. You will also probably need the front cap too.

Comment

I've measured the barrel nut and it's 23mm I've looked at delta rings and they range from 23-25mm. Just trying to get the bracket off that holds the rear of the handguard, there's two small screws that I've taken out but it still feels solid. Any advice on that? What's the front cap?

Comment

Front Cap is like a large cupped metal Washer that sits behind standard front Sight which front of standard Handguard slots in to it to stop it coming off or rotating.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barber_bass Find out more about Barber_bass
                  Working...
                  X