M4 Recoil help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Recoil help

Hi all, not sure if this belongs in this section, sorry if not. I recently acquired a TM Sopmod, and from what the previous owner said, it cannot be rear wired because of the recoil tech in the back. So its front wired where my problem comes in.

Currently it has the casv rail on the front so it can hold a battery in there, but I would like to get a different one, I have a DD on my other M4 and would like something similar, and I'm pretty sure my battery wouldn't fit in it. So here's my questions, is it possibly to rear wire this thing? If so who would I be able to take it to (live in Portsmouth). If not, what rail could I buy that would fit the battery (stick lipo), don't really like the hand guards. Or if I was to buy a PEQ battery box, how would I get the connectors through the hole in the rail?

Would like to know what my options are, thanks for reading, help would be much appreciated

Alex

Re: M4 Recoil help

You haven't bought a SOPMOD, you have bought a SOCOM, or M4A1 with some furniture added. The SOPMOD is rear wired. What you will need is a PEQ battery box and a small Lipo battery and no you can't rear wire it due to the recoil engine being in the stock tube. Mine has a DD MK18 rail on it with a PEQ 15 and a Lipo inside the box and you would never know it was front wired.

Comment

Yeah I understand that, but how do i get the connectors though the hole in the rail?

Comment

You take the fuse out and the wire has splitters part way down, which allow you to fit the part with the battery connector through the hole and then reconnect them. This will only work with a genuine two part DD MK18 rail, not a DD lite rail.

- - - Updated - - -

CASV uses a normal delta ring doesn't it. You're going to be in for some fun. :D

Comment

Yeah it does, why do you say that?

Comment

Swapping to a MK18 rail is very, very easy.

check FB for TM recoil owners club...

Comment

No results found for TM Recoil Owners club, link please.

Comment

SOCOM and SOPMOD are basicley the same gun with different wiring so it should be possible to rear wire using the SOPMOD's parts, wiring harness, butt and maybe the buffer tube.

Comment

Sorry, my bad... It's "TM next gen recoil series sales/appreciation group"

Comment

If it's front wired now, I'd just get a DD RIS, then remove the connector, pole the weed through, resoulder the connector on. Then get a nice hefty lipo in a peq15 (I've currently got a 35c 7.4v in a peq15 that also has room for a battery as well, and that should see you nicely

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gotmilk1123 Find out more about Gotmilk1123
                    Working...
                    X