Barrel length help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel length help

So I have a g&g cm18 I've upgraded all the internals in the gearbox and changed all the wiring and have also a shs high torque motor for it it's pretty quick and is firing at just below 350fps the only things I've left stock is the hop up and rubber and the inner barrel, I did a quick search on wondering if it will be worth the money getting a longer barrel that runs through my suppressor, I found people have mixed thoughts my standard barrel length is 275mm and was wondering if an upgrade to a 363mm will be beneficial. I've read that a longer barrel can slightly increase fps which I'm not bothered about as I'm just wondering if the extra length will give me more range and if the difference in barrel length will make any difference? Any help is much appreciated, sorry for the essay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Barrel length help

From recent experience i've found actually shortening my barrel length increased accuracy. But that's down to my new barrel being of much, much better quality over the stock one. Range is a tricky one. There are many reports covering both angles. For me personally I can't remember ever thinking to myself wow this has more range now i've got a longer barrel. Generally I only put a longer barrel in there, so I can support it better using quality foam in the silencer. There's nothing worse than turning up to a skirmish with a brand new £70 silencer and finding it's useless as the bb's are hitting the end of it. Believe me it's happened before.

Comment

I was only asking as I'm going to get a tight bore anyway and most prices are similar for the two lengths so I thought if I could increase the range abit why not yeah I bet that was fun haha, thanks for the help.

Comment

Hop rubber is the main thing that'll increase your range. There are so many great ones out there, Firefly being one of them. Or if you want to get a little technical, a soft hop rubber with the mound removed and a concave nub. Not a h-nub it has to be the concave one (these are readily available again).

Comment

I was actually looking at the r hop mod and that looks pretty simple to do, what I can gather it is the more contact the bb has with the rubber the further it goes? Never really looked into hop ups and rubbers so correct me if I'm wrong haha.

Comment

Something along those lines. It's all about getting a consistent contact point. Something with traditional hop methods you don't always get. It's all trial and error.

Comment

A longer barrel will make next to no difference on your range. A BETTER one might do

Upgrading your hop and sticking a tightbore in there might give you a better range but will also improve your grouping.
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Knaggsyy Find out more about Knaggsyy
              Working...
              X