DTW and PTS Pmags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTW and PTS Pmags

So i've got a G&D DTW, which feeds fine on the G&D mags. I bought myself some PTS mags off here, and they don't feed all that well. They feed for 5-10 rounds them sound like they jam up. I've replaced the outer barrel with a Dytac one, and the hop and inner with a 2012 Systema. I have the same issue with this setup. I'm using .25's so i'm wondering if it's possibly the springs not being strong enough. Or perhaps a mag height issue.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

Re: DTW and PTS Pmags

It's a mag positioning issue.
    They feed fine on my dtw with stock outer barrel and hop.
    Using the ptw hop they struggle to feed.

I'm still having difficulty finding optimum setup!

Comment

Cheers for that, i was hoping it would be a simple fix, but hey ho. I'm not going to give up that easy as i much prefer these mags over standard ones

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
        Cheers for that, i was hoping it would be a simple fix, but hey ho. I'm not going to give up that easy as i much prefer these mags over standard ones
        3 options worth trying:

1. Reshim the buffer end cap to ensure that everything is nice and tight - Should be difficult to open the upper without some force
        2. Strip the cylinder and clean... particularly the rear of the nozzle
        3. If there is a screw on your mag just below the feed lips loosen it (Vanaras versions don't have one)

Let me know how it goes

R

Comment

It's the stock tube washers i'm looking for isn't it. I may well end up sending it for a service to get it all done. It could do with a good service I expect anyways.

Comment

The buffer end cap had now been reshimmed, so my cylinder has no movement what so ever. DTW mags work perfectly, however still having issues with the PTS mags. When the mag is empty the bolt catch works perfectly. Not firing unless i hold down the catch. However it's also doing this when bb's are loaded. It feeds perfectly when holding the catch down. But as soon as i let the catch go it doesn't fire. Could it be that the bolt catch spring on the DTW is very week.

Comment

I had the opposite problem with the pmags.
              Had to file them to fit and they don't activate the bolt catch!

Comment

I do think the issue is far more likely down to the gun than the mags. At this rate i'll have had the thing apart more times than it's rounds fired.

Comment

Haha, same here chap. I don't mind though.
                  It works fine on the original parts, I'm just constantly questing for improvement!

Comment

Just a quick update, i've added a buffer to the bolt catch spring. And it's made little to no difference. When the receivers are split, and the mag is inserted it sometimes rides over the bolt catch. So the bolt actuation lever is sitting on top of the bolt release. This is what's causing my issue. So i'll either be trying out a different bolt catch or filing the actuation lever off all the magazines. The sound alone let's me know when my mag is empty. So even though it is a nice feature, it's too troublesome to lose sleep over.

Comment

With regards to my pmags, I just put some heat shrink on the tabs and they work golden

Comment

have you tried pushing the mag up in the magwell when firing?

if it fixes it, take the inner out of the outer casing and add a small washer in between the two, secured by the screw, just enough so the mag inner sits about flush.

mine played up when I changed from a ptw to magpul lower, fixed it a treat!

Comment

I've tried that yeah to no evail. The issue is solely with the bolt release and bolt actuation levers on the mags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
                          Working...
                          X