Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ICS MP5 misfire

Originally posted by penguin81 View Post
    I get the same problem on my ics, when I insert the mag I cam hear the mag unwind and there is no resistance, untill I give it a hard wack, as thus is a repeating problem I have decided to move to mid caps.
    What mid caps do you use? Do you suffer from any misfiring when using them? I am thinking of going over to them but can only find boxes of ten for sale. Didnt want to spend that much if it wont solve problem.

Comment

mikey, I'm not claiming to be the fount of all knowledge where these guns are concerned, but I honestly think the problem is how you're using the mags.

Google "high cap magazine internal" and click on images. One of the first pictures you will get is the internals of a sig high cap. If you look carefully, you'll see that the winding mechanism takes BBs from the reservoir and feeds them under spring pressure into the slot/tube that runs up to the hop. When you turn the wheel, you are simply pushing BBs into this tube, you are not putting the whole mag under pressure. So, about 30 BBs is about the max you can expect to get from an MP5 high cap without re-winding it.

I'm not suggesting you may have another fault, but mine feeds fine with the standard high caps, but I do need to rewind them regularly and about 30 shots sounds roughly right.
      sigpic

Comment

I have only just got a box but I have been using a friends for a while and they work fine for me no feed issues at all had been using star but I have just got a box of ares mud caps they fit ok take a bit if preassueto get then to stay in first couple of time. And put of 10 mags one is useless but I can live with that,

Comment

Rockinrobin, I tried your suggestion of half filling a mag. The first one I fired on semi auto. I had to wind it a couple of times. The second one I fired was on full auto and I kept winding the wheel as I was shooting. All the bbs fired ok. I am thinking this may only be a problem when my mags are filled right up although I havent tried firing winding at the same time on a full mag yet. Thanks for the advice so far.

Comment

tried again today with a full hi cap mag. Fired them all ok with only minimal winding. I am wondering if the original problem was because the mags are new. Dont know if this affects them or not. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Out of interest, did you get any random BB's wobble out the end? Sounds like an issue my mate has been having with his ICS MP5.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I have a few fall out when I take the mag out. I have not had any falling out of the barrel though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

19mikey Find out more about 19mikey
                Working...
                X