ARES G36C Not Firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES G36C Not Firing

I recently bought an ARES G36C from Zero One, I first pulled the trigger to find out what sound it made without the battery in it. It made a light clicking sound.

I then charge the battery and pull the trigger, all I hear now is a deeper clicking sound and the gearbox even moves inside the pistol grip.

I am using these batteries. Zero One 8.4v 1600mAh NiMH High Performance Mini Battery

I haven't modified the gun at all, all I've done is take it out the box and put the battery in it.

Re: ARES G36C Not Firing

Sounds to me the battery isn't fully charged and the motor cannot spin and pull back the spring.

Do you have access to a battery known to work? Or a multimeter to check the voltage of your battery? Or another gun to test the battery in?
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I have two batteries, both fully charged according to my smart charger. I don't have a multimeter, and for the extra gun, I don't have one but I could test it on one of my friends gun.

Comment

There is a possibility that the gearbox is locked up, which means the spring has been fully compressed, and the motor lacks the juice to cycle the gearbox. IIRC, some of the ARES G36 series have an external button for releasing spring tension, but I don't know if that is on the model you bought.

Anyway, fully charge the battery, and try and fire the gun. If it doesn't fire, don't force it as you may well damage the system if there isn't a fuse fitted (however I imagine it has one if it is fresh from the factory).

Comment

That Button! I saw it when taking a look at the gearbox you may have just saved me a lot of time and effort there if it works!

Comment

Any luck with it?

Comment

No, I changed the battery and the external button I have but it is defiantly not to do with the spring. I changed to my spare battery and the same result, I did notice that the batter connecter is slightly damaged, do you think this could be it?

Comment

My G&G has one of those external buttons but i didnt realise you have to push it quite hard to get it to decompress the spring.

I'd say if the motor is engaging when the trigger is pulled the electrical system is okay.

How about checking the motor height?
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Comment

I'm not a hundred percent sure on how to check the motor height, from what I could see there was no way of changing it when I took a look at the motor.

Comment

Mate, have you tried swapping the battery wires in the connector around? They sometimes come loaded in reverse (it is mentioned in some sellers descriptions)...that clicking sounds similar to mine - did this and it works.

Comment

It worked, I fired off about 2 mags, but then my battery just stopped, no sign of it running out, so naturally I switch to my second battery, same result? I did feel the gearbox getting hot inside the grip, is that anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrypticTurd View Post
                        I'm not a hundred percent sure on how to check the motor height, from what I could see there was no way of changing it when I took a look at the motor.
                        Im not 100% familiar with G36s but on an M4 if you look on the bottom of the pistol grip there is normally a little grub screw that adjust the motor height. The same might apply to yours. Normally you need to tighten it until it stop turning (do not force it), then loosen it by half a turn or so and try it out. Loosen/tighten gradually until you find the sweet spot.
                        Upcoming Games:
                        None

Comment

Dude, package up gun in original box, await zero one to re open and return the aeg to them for repair or replacement under warranty.

From the sounds of it your gearbox has locked up for whatever reason and even by your admission you lack the skills to fix this ( not that you should have to on a new gun). Do not tamper with the gun in any shape or form by swooping over wires or adjusting motor heights etc etc. ( am amazed that people gave you this advice in the first place)

So contact zero one, arrange return and await repair or replacement and then update to let us know what happens

Comment

It's not like we said "Disassemble the gun, open the gearbox, re-shim & re-grease". Motor height is a basic setting that isn't always set correctly from factory. Most companies wont begrudge you checking a few basic things before returning it.

Kryptic - That's the motor you can feel getting hot in the grip, not the gearbox (gearbox is in the main body). If the motor isn't spinning but you're pulling the trigger the power from the battery will heat the wiring and motor. Odd that the rifle will fire for a bit then stop. I would certainly borrow a battery from a friend and try that out instead. If the gun will fire and cycle then the GB isnt locked.
                            Upcoming Games:
                            None

Comment

As Above ^

I've had a couple of rifles through within the last year which have needed a couple of adjustments such as motor or reverse wired battery packs in order for it to work. It happens.

As said above, most companies are fine with a few minor adjustments before the need to send it back. The fact it fired after the wire swap means something was wrong previous.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KrypticTurd Find out more about KrypticTurd
                              Working...
                              X