Army armament r85a1 rail question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army armament r85a1 rail question

Hi i am pretty new to airsoft and have recently bought an Army Armament r85a1 but due to not doing my home work i have found that the rail system under the carry handle is only a 19mm dove tail and due to this most scopes will not fit. The dovetail rail also does not unscrew from the gun so would you suggest removing this and custom fitting a rail or is there alternatives out there that will just bolt on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Army armament r85a1 rail question

I am also looking for any advice on how to disengage the blowback system

Comment

It depends on what type of sight/optic you want? I have a real steel Eotech 552 on mine. I'm not too sure about fitting a 20mm rail system. It might be worth going into an airsoft shop and enquiring.

As for the blowback, I have a G&G L85A2 and I love the blowback, it turns heads as I lay down rounds

Louis.

Comment

You could fit a stepped mount like the UK Forces currently use to mount ACOGS.

The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Thanks guys i think the stepped mount might have to be the way forward. As for the blowback i worked out how to disable it. Now just to swap out the piston etc and look at upgrading it slightly.

Comment

I had the same problem with my G&G L85 a few years back. The stepped mount is the solution for two reasons, the first being the obvious conversion to allow all sorts of optics to be mounted. The second is that it lifts the optic into a comfortable line-of-sight position. Because of the shape of the L85, any optic mounted to the top of the body directly is just too low to be used comfortably (especially if you use full face protection) making target acquisition (in my experience anyway) slower than it should have been.
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Thanks for your input your point about the raised sight and my mask is something i hadn't thought of yet and makes sense as the iron sights are next to useless when my mask is on.

Comment

I've ordered one of those rail adapters for the spectre sight, but I will instead fit my RS eotech 552 as I find it's a bit too low. Here's. The link:
                http://www.rsov.com/product.php?lang...15396&cateId=0

Louis.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kjaxxn Find out more about kjaxxn
                Working...
                X