Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maintenance guide?

hi all,
    right I've owned my cyma m14 for a few months now and want to take it apart give it a good grease inside and lube ect.
    been looking around the forum buthaven'tt found much.
    has anyone got or seen a good guide ? preferable for a m14 but a general one would be cool.
    seen a few on the tube but dont know witch are good or not cos i dont know what to look for.

im very handy so mechanics are not a problem (taking things apart putting then back together ect) mainly worried about the shimming dont want to end up moving them about want them just as they are.
    and does anyone know how to determine what version gearbox it is ?

thanks guys and sorry its a bit noobish, think it might help alot of other people outas well.
    Theo
    sigpic

Re: maintinace guide ?

The M14 is a version 7 gearbox. If you want to see how it comes apart, there's a few on Youtube I've seen. I find the M14 gearbox a pain in the ass to strip down compaired to other aeg's. Dead easy to rewire though as all the electrics are on the outside.

Comment

Re: maintenance guide?

Cool thanks, that was what I was afraid of. Least I can look for a ver7 guide now :D
      sigpic

Comment

guide with pics-http://teamwarhawks.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=weapons&action=display&thread=536

videoguide-http://eagle6.co.uk/beta/reviews/how-to-guides/video-guide-how-to-disassemble-the-toyko-marui-m14/

both are really great.

goodluk
        sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help guys, im going to attempt to take it all apart tonight and see what happends lol, wish me luck.
          luckely next game is in 3 weeks so plenty of time to get it all back together.
          any more advice then keep it coming in lol
          thanks guys
          sigpic

Comment

on the 'teamwarhawks' guide it shows you how to do a 'rawlings' plan... ie a piece of cardbored that you sketch the parts on and put the screws into.

i found it very useful.
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
            Working...
            X