Gaurder SP 90 spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaurder SP 90 spring

Just recently purchased the above. It came today and I got it out the packet. Is it me or are they suppose to feel a lot softer than my standard GG cm16 spring? Because my standard one is a lot harder to compress and it's a tad longer? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: Gaurder SP 90 spring

every make of spring feels a bit different, i wouldn't worry about it. small differences in length are to be expected as well. I like Guarder springs personally, their SP90s give me about 330 FPS every time, so they seem to be a little stiffer than some other makes
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
      every make of spring feels a bit different, i wouldn't worry about it. small differences in length are to be expected as well. I like Guarder springs personally, their SP90s give me about 330 FPS every time, so they seem to be a little stiffer than some other makes
      It's a very noticeable though? Or would that due to it being a complete coil with no shorter bit of coil in the middle like my original has?

Hoping to achieve 330 FPS
      Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

I concur with caldy, variants in the metal used, forming process etc etc make a huge difference, I've had to clip an SP110 today, stuck it into my real sword type97b and was giving 440fps on 0.25's!! That's a bit too hot for anyone's liking
        And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatch69 View Post
          I concur with caldy, variants in the metal used, forming process etc etc make a huge difference, I've had to clip an SP110 today, stuck it into my real sword type97b and was giving 440fps on 0.25's!! That's a bit too hot for anyone's liking
          I won't worry about it then haha
          Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Some springs are linear, some are non linear. Some are made from thicker wire, others compensate by having more coils. Springs are something a lot of people overlook, and in reality theres a lot of difference between all of them. One makers M90 rated spring does not equal another manufacturers M90 rated spring when you install them!!

So, find a brand you like, and then stick with them. I tend to buy Guarder SP90s personally, they are reasonably priced, and I know if i get a very good air seal, it should be about the 330 FPS mark.
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
            Working...
            X