Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Scar problem...

Hi Guys,

Bought a VFC Scar H recently, Repaired the fault (tappet plate) And then sold it on to a friend.
    The aeg was firing as normal, But my mate says when he fires it the bb's either flick straight up, Or drop instantly.
    He's altered the hop to no effect. I'm no gun tech, I just shoot the things. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and what i need to do to the aeg please?

Regards

Craig

Re: VFC Scar problem...

Did you use a VFC tappet plate ?
    I have to say it sounds more like a barrel/hop issue , is he new to the sport ? just so he knows how the hop is meant to work ( sorry have to ask :P )
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

sounds like the hop up unit is either broken, the hop rubber is having no effect (again could be due to the hop unit being broken), hop rubber could be installed incorrectly, or a deficiency in the barrel, maybe a small gouge/burr/bend.

But i would guess hop unit, or maybe hop arm is broken, as my first point of inspection
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
        Did you use a VFC tappet plate ?
        I have to say it sounds more like a barrel/hop issue , is he new to the sport ? just so he knows how the hop is meant to work ( sorry have to ask :P )
        Used a tappet plate from my mates knackered m4, G&P i think it was. He's not new to the sport, He says hes adjusted the hop all the way up, down and in the middle and its the same throughout.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
        sounds like the hop up unit is either broken, the hop rubber is having no effect (again could be due to the hop unit being broken), hop rubber could be installed incorrectly, or a deficiency in the barrel, maybe a small gouge/burr/bend.

But i would guess hop unit, or maybe hop arm is broken, as my first point of inspection
        I've been advised to buy a new hop rubber first, Only £7 quid so not the end of the world. I'll see what effect this has if any, and come back for more help if required. :-)

Comment

Faulty hop unit.. .

What rubber you got in there? I think vfc scars prefer the vfc hop rubber. Also check you nub
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Not sure what rubber is in it mate, I'm no techy guy. A mate has told me to try a new rubber first as thats the cheapest option. About to purchase a Guarder clear rubber. Failing that would you recommend buying a brand new hop unit ?

Comment

id take apart the current one first, could be the arm is broken, or it could be fine. see if its broke before you buy a new one
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll get it looked at

Comment

An update on this troublesome Scar, Installed a new hop unit last night, And swapped the old tappet plate too while the gun was in bits.
                  Test fired it today to see if the bb's were finally firing out straight....... And now no bb's are coming out at all, Not even feeding into the hop itself.
                  I've had about enough of this bloody aeg.

Comment

Possibly the air nozzle isn't being retracted far enough to allow the BBs to enter the hop chamber.

Possibly the new hop unit isn't aligned correctly, thus the mags aren't feeding.

With no mag in, turn gun upside down (so you can see into hop unit), and fire gun. The air nozzle should cycle, does it go all the way back, i.e., so there is enough space for a BB to enter hop chamber?

Possible causes....tappet plate (if its aftermarket could be marginally different sized) or air nozzle (again, if aftermarket, could be odd sizes), BBs maybe?

Welcome to the joys of tech'ing!! haha
                    sigpic

Comment

also the screws that go into where the hop unit are do not go all the way tight, this stop the hop unit moving back and forth a little... this needs to be able to do this smoothly if I remember correctly
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Definetly sounds like the problem you have is

GREMLINS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                          Definetly sounds like the problem you have is

GREMLINS!!!!!!!
                          Or a fkd gun.... I'm selling up, had enough, gonna start knitting as a hobby instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
                            Possibly the air nozzle isn't being retracted far enough to allow the BBs to enter the hop chamber.

Possibly the new hop unit isn't aligned correctly, thus the mags aren't feeding.

With no mag in, turn gun upside down (so you can see into hop unit), and fire gun. The air nozzle should cycle, does it go all the way back, i.e., so there is enough space for a BB to enter hop chamber?

Possible causes....tappet plate (if its aftermarket could be marginally different sized) or air nozzle (again, if aftermarket, could be odd sizes), BBs maybe?

Welcome to the joys of tech'ing!! haha
                            Seems this is the issue, We filed down the nozzle a little, But a little turned into too much as it now actually fires but without any velocity. Going to buy a new air nozzle, Then see where we go from there. Once fixed its going up for sale.

Comment

That could be the tappet plate not retracting far enough, or, air nozzle Like you said. Some things are very picky and won't go together and work properly. IE, some aftermarket parts don't work perfectly with stock parts and such

In all seriousness though, Im kinda tempted by said Scar H, so long as the externals are all in tip top condition. Could be a fun little project...or a giant pain in the proverbial
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

forest legend Find out more about forest legend
                              Working...
                              X