Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR15 some shots shooting a few meters

Hi,

Having an issue with my GR15 purchased from Z1.

Basically some shots only shoot a few meters, this is more noticeable on single fire. When having it on full auto it fires the first 3-5 shots about 3 meters then shoots at range as normal. After stop firing 2 out of 5 times it will often do the exactly the same again. Being a player that mainly uses single fire it's a very frustrating issue as my first shots are useless.

I've tried standard G&G mags and some mag mid caps and happens on both sets of mags.

Called the technical support desk and they advised it sounds like a case of me winding the mag too much - despite saying this is occurring with mid caps too so no winding (i've never had any issues with 2/3 other guns that i own with these mags).

Any advice before i consider sending it back?

Re: GR15 some shots shooting a few meters

How old your rifle? The hop rubber doesnt need changing does it?

I would make sure the hop rubber and the nub is in there properly.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by markgodley View Post
      Hi,

Having an issue with my GR15 purchased from Z1.

Basically some shots only shoot a few meters, this is more noticeable on single fire. When having it on full auto it fires the first 3-5 shots about 3 meters then shoots at range as normal. After stop firing 2 out of 5 times it will often do the exactly the same again. Being a player that mainly uses single fire it's a very frustrating issue as my first shots are useless.

I've tried standard G&G mags and some mag mid caps and happens on both sets of mags.

Called the technical support desk and they advised it sounds like a case of me winding the mag too much - despite saying this is occurring with mid caps too so no winding (i've never had any issues with 2/3 other guns that i own with these mags).

Any advice before i consider sending it back?

Hi buddy!

I've had 3 or 4 rifles to bits because of this problem, each time it turned out to be damaged/worn teeth on the piston.

Hope this helps,
      Bing.
      " Brother Maynard!, bring up the Holy Hand Grenade! "

Comment

Is it only happening with Mid caps? Have you taken it apart at all? Has this been a problem since it first arrived or have you had it 6 weeks and it's only just started?

I have had something similar happen and managed to sort it. I found that when my pmags were full, it misfired likes your does, quick full auto burst and it clears it. I found putting in about 15 less bbs in each mag sorted it.
        sigpic

Comment

similar problem with a ics sa80. turned out to be a hop over tightened and a worn piston. easy fix yay lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

markgodley Find out more about markgodley
          Working...
          X