tightbore question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tightbore question

Got a tight bore for my src g36c and have notice that its229 mm and the original barrels is 247mm is ok or do I need same length ????? And help

Re: tightbore question

Normally the same length or longer is recommended, steeze. There shouldn't be much trouble with a shorter one (especially when talking about a few centimeters) as long as the barrel doesn't wobble inside the outer barrel. May notice a tiny drop in FPS, but that should be negligible.
    TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

I will give it bash just went to sure if would make any difference! Only got it to get better fps but if it will loose fps it not much point in getting it ? Should I send it back andget the original lengh one ?

Comment

Originally posted by steezemcqueen View Post
        Got a tight bore for my src g36c and have notice that its229 mm and the original barrels is 247mm is ok or do I need same length ????? And help
        Replaced my Classic Army G36c 229mm barrel for an LCT 363mm 6.02 barrel and it's improved it no end.

Don't forget buddy, FPS isn't everything to do with range. Some of the better ranged models with tighter accuracy have lower FPS than their counterparts. - TOKYO MARUI is a classic for this type of achievement.

A longer tighter bore barrel will increase FPS by 5% but will provide better accuracy overall.

Comment

The main reason for a tightbore is accuracy rather than fps. Remember fps does not equal range.

Still, if the retailer will take it back then it's best to have the correct length.
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I just send it back ! Not even opened the packageing!I asked them for the barrel and they sent that lengh so they will have to take it back eh ! Thanks for the advice guy

Comment

Which is why all the snipers are going wider bore now.
              To improve accuracy.
              6.04/6.05mm seems to be a good sweet spot for AEGs.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by steezemcqueen View Post
                Only got it to get better fps but if it will loose fps it not much point in getting it ?
                Ahhh I see, you are changing from a standard barrel to a tightbore? In which case despite the slight barrel length difference, the smaller internal diameter will increase your FPS anyway and will compensate for it. Either just get them to replace it, or install it and see how it is (it might be that it fits rather well and will save you the trouble of posting it back). Again, just make sure that there's no wobble to the inner barrel as that will affect accuracy.

Glad we could help.
                TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steezemcqueen Find out more about steezemcqueen
                Working...
                X