Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 hop up advice needed

Hi all,

I have a Star (i think) M249 and the hop chamber is buggered - its been repaired and its just not doing the job. does anyone know if the G&P M249 hop chamber will do the job in replacing this one as they appear to be pretty different in shape and i cannot seem to find a Classic Army one to replace it.

Thanks

Re: M249 hop up advice needed

If it is the star you have then it will have a plastic gear box and mostly plastic externals.
    I can't find anything on the star hop unit but if your sure it can take CA hop units then I can tell you that CA/a&k/echo 1 are all the same design, which should widen your search a bit (I personally have a&k and absolutely love it).
    I would recommend taking it out and comparing it to the CA ones on Google images and seeing if they are the same.

In what way is it buggered? Have you broken it or could you just need a new rubber and nub?

Comment

Hi RedCell,
      I have the A&K one, and they are identical hop-up units - the problem i am having is FPS is going from 230ish up to 400+ and is completely inconstant.
      And buggered the small plastic clip appears to be broken that holds the barrel in (may have broken when the farther tried to "help") but was doing this before tampered with.
      that and either the hop rubbers are the SMALLEST in history or i have a sketchy unit.

Comment

you could always contact STAR/Ares directly and get a replacement.

go to their website and find the drawings for the model you have, then email them asking for a replacement of that part, quoting the number.
        For Sale!
        TM M870 with a load of stuff
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph
        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

know what i hadnt even thought of that - gonna give that a go now thanks for the advice Sir Stephen

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beagle182 Find out more about beagle182
          Working...
          X