Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Would this stock a gearbox from completing a cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this stock a gearbox from completing a cycle?

Hey folks,

Working on a project GB that doesnt currently cycle, when you pull the trigger the whole thing feels locked up, the motor wants to turn but nothings happening.

Im relatively new to working on AEGs so please forgive me in advance if any questions etc. are aparently straight forward etc.

The gun is a Galaxy MP5k with a version 3 gearbox, I have taken it aparent and cant see anything physically wrong with the gears, piston etc.

Very slight wear to the initial piston teeth but they still catch well enough.

Under further inspection the gearbox jams at a certain point, just before the last tooth of the piston is released causing it to fire, pictured below (without spring).

When I lift up the piston gear (sorry, forgot correct name for it) the item circled in red is rock solid and has no movement in it. The Green part circled on the gear seems to come into contact with this part and im assume, should move it. I have loosened the red parts screw slightly to allow it to move when the gear touches it.

What I think, unless if missed something, is the gear is jamming on the red circled part (im not sure what it is or purpose it servers?) causing the gearbox to lock up just before firing the piston.

Can anyone else shed some input on this?

Is it possible that little part being tight could have stopped the gearbox from cycling fully? Or does the problem lie else where?

I appeaciate any input folks and your patients that im still learning

Cheers,
    Adam

- - - Updated - - -

v3gb1.jpg

v3bg2.jpg

Re: Would this stock a gearbox from completing a cycle?

The red part is the cut off lever, it stops the sector gear turning further on semi. In automatic it should be up out of the way. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be stiff however.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Mickydoos is right.The cut off lever should be free to move.If you take the spring off it should flap about freely.
      Take it off,clean it up and refit it and that should solve your problem.

Comment

Brilliant cheers guys, fingers crossed this is all it was. There was honestly no movement in it at all, it was solid. I will clean everything up and re-grease etc. the box before building.

Comment

There is also an adjustment screw at the bottom of the pistol grip. Make sure this is not overtightened.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bandeen Find out more about Bandeen
          Working...
          X