DTW low FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTW low FPS

Hi all, on saturday i took my DTW to a shop near Birmingham to have a full set of Etiny electrics so i could use my LE stock for my L119 build.

Previous chronos at my local site showed my black cylinder was shooting at 325 ish give or take a few on a .2.

I got home the same day put a battery in it to see if it was working ok, and the electrics seemed fine though i dont understand why on full auto i get 1rnd,3rnd,1rnd,3rnd.

So on sunday i take it to my local for a test run, goto chrono and it was shooting 250 max. i was abit suprised i actually thought it was a low battery, so i changed batteries and still only got upto 250.

Does anyone know what this could be? Why my full auto trigger pulls have different effects each pull and why there was a loose bit of plastic shaped like a L near my gearbox?

**edit**

also when i put it into full auto and pull the trigger each time it does the 3rnd burst it makes a winding sound that to me dont sound right. I tried contacting the shop they said they would call me back as the tech was busy but they never did.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: DTW low FPS

I've always found the low fps on these occurs to the buffer cap not being shimmed properly. The easiest way to find if it's incorrectly shimmed is by turning the gun upside down, and look into the magwell as you fire. If the cylinder moves, you need to reshim the cap.

As for the electrics i'm afraid I can't be much help there. As i've only ever replaced stock electrics with more stock ones in mine. It definitely shouldn't be doing that though.

Comment

send it back, don't fiddle with it yourself, you have a warranty for a reason!

don't wait for a call back either.... you won't get one from that shop, lol

your issue is definitely down to a poor rebuild whilst upgrading, let them figure it out, in the meantime, fyi, batteries dont affect fps, they affect the rate of fire

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
        send it back, don't fiddle with it yourself, you have a warranty for a reason!

don't wait for a call back either.... you won't get one from that shop, lol

your issue is definitely down to a poor rebuild whilst upgrading, let them figure it out, in the meantime, fyi, batteries dont affect fps, they affect the rate of fire
        +1 on that one... Not the greatest customer service from that particular shop! Had my rif with them for nearly 2 months (was told there was at least a 1 month waiting list for work at the time which is why I wasn't more pushy) so I waited and waited and after 3 unsuccessful e-mails I rang the buggers who told me they'd fixed it after 2 weeks and wondered why I'd not got in touch!

Your work should still be under warranty, so James should fix it - its not your responsibility to have to sort out problems as a result of shoddy upgrade work... You might also might like to suggest to them that they test their work after carrying it out, that idea seems to be lost on them.

p.s. The problem is most likely to be a shimming one. If you can open up the receiver easily i.e without bashing the stock tube hard, then that's your issue...

R

Comment

oh wow, i thought the fact i could split the receivers easy was a good thing!! sounds like poor shimming then. thanks for all the replies guys, i will be deffinetly contacting them this morning.

**edit** cylinder moves when i fire it upside down! thanks again guys

Comment

cylinder bounce, poor poor shimming, sounds shocking too, basic b3 error.....

if you get no joy or feel like your being fobbed off, contact stts direct, Allistair is a top bloke and has customer service at the forefront of his business, he won't let you down

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
              oh wow, i thought the fact i could split the receivers easy was a good thing!! sounds like poor shimming then. thanks for all the replies guys, i will be deffinetly contacting them this morning.
              I thought that too... Its supposed to be virtually un-openable. If you can part the upper and lower with your hand on the pistol grip pushing the upper with your thumb then its way too loose.

For what its worth, they did the same thing to me. Can probably be fixed with a bunch of cheap shims (certainly sorted mine out), but its their responsibility to do a proper job in the first place. For a company with its own indoor range just 20 steps from the workshop, is it really such a biggie to test fire to make sure everything works as it should? I only hope that you're not really based in Bristol - quite a journey otherwise. Make sure you give them a ring and stamp your feet a bit and demand that its fixed while you wait... Should be a pleasant wait - it is a decent shop with good stock and fun toys, they're just not very good at fixing stuff or serving customers - I've walked out twice after not being served for 20 minutes because staff members couldn't be arsed to disengage in a conversation about the last game they played with one of their mates who had just come in.

Originally posted by god84 View Post
              Why my full auto trigger pulls have different effects each pull and why there was a loose bit of plastic shaped like a L near my gearbox?
              As for the plastic thing, that's normal and supposed to be there. Sits to the left of the gearbox to stop the wires from the mosfet to the ECU from riding up

R

Comment

I hope I was long gone from there before you experienced such poor customer service Rjb.... tis sad, sooo much potential

Comment

iam infact from bristol, and drove there specifically to see the store and buy the etiny set up. i just called them, they told me to send it in.

- - - Updated - - -

iam infact from bristol, and drove there specifically to see the store and buy the etiny set up. i just called them, they told me to send it in.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                  Working...
                  X