Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Help!! - Faster ROF and quicker trigger response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! - Faster ROF and quicker trigger response?

So I mostly pay Woodland and CQB when skirmishing. It's been a year since I brought my scar and I've had many problems with it but they've usually been fixed. But now I'm fed up of wasting money on silly fixes. I've decided to completely disassemble my gearbox and start afresh. Forget about my barrel on my hop up unit I just want to concentrate on my gearbox:
    I want to be able to have internals which allow me to have a faster rate of fire and a faster trigger response (so my gun is perfect for CQB and woodland) so firstly I purchased a 9.9v LiFePo battery, wired my gun up to deans and got a set of shims ready for my new gears. I was told by a few people to get to high torque motor and a high-speed set of gears. Do I keep my 16:1 gears or buy some 13:1 gears or something else? Also what other upgrades do I need to look into purchasing/ performing on current parts? And is there anything else I need to take into consideration?
    Thanks!
    Custom Airsoft Engraving Service From £5
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...66#post1276366

Re: Help!! - Faster ROF and quicker trigger response?

Shim it properly,sort the aoe,fit 13:1 gears and high torque motor,fit a mosfet.Run it on 9.9v LiFe or 11.1 Lipo...Sorted
    If or when other bits break replace them with quality parts.

Comment

Originally posted by sigee View Post
      Shim it properly,sort the aoe,fit 13:1 gears and high torque motor,fit a mosfet.Run it on 9.9v LiFe or 11.1 Lipo...Sorted
      If or when other bits break replace them with quality parts.
      What about short stroking?
      Custom Airsoft Engraving Service From £5
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...66#post1276366

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDumbass View Post
        What about short stroking?
        Never bothered myself as trigger responce was instant and rps was well over 20rps with 13:1 gears,high torque motor,mosfet and 11.1v lipo.
        I guess it depends on how far you want to go with it.
        Check out the high rps thread on here and you will find loads of info.

Comment

Pretty much as Sigee said but also you'll also want to insert shs full metal rack piston....swiss cheese to remove excess weight...remove bearing on piston head. Basically you want to get your piston as light as possible so it returns as quick as possible to avoid pre-engagement.
          I'd avoid the 11.1v lipo though if you plan to use full auto alot. They're a titch nuts. 9.9v liFe will give more than plenty. Im happy with a 7.4v lipo in mine at 28rps! 11.1v gives me 40rps which is toooo much!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way...If you lighten your piston, remove piston head bearing and are using an m100 spring or higher...there should be no need to short stroke unless you plan to go over 35rps with the 11.1v

Comment

@ thefullautosniper

What's the benefit of a piston with full metal teeth?

Pistons are cheap and gears aren't so surely shredding a cheap poly piston is better?

Comment

The benifit is that you have stronger teeth and more resilient.
              I do get where you are coming from but if your gearbox is properly shimmed, precautions taken against premature engagement and properly lubricated a metal rack piston is best. If you have a non properly shimmed gearset, low fps, low rof, then yes a a non metal rack piston is better suited.

But in this case it's neede

Comment

To the op, I'd take serious consideration of looking at other current threads before accepting any advice from a certain member posting on your thread
                And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

if this is you'r first performance gearbox build then a plastic tooth piston is best , as you said if it goes pear shaped you only loose a piston , once you are more confident then a full metal tooth piston that's well installed is a fit and forget part but if not well installed it can be a disaster . have a look on the " high ROF thread" for a load of info , it's kind of a rule of thumb that up to 30-35 rps is ok for short bursts of auto but above that it's more about trigger response and a programmable fet to reduce the rof to a more friendly rate , being hit by full auto at over 40 rps is not at all pleasant , i think the set up you are talking about will see between 25 - 35 rps depending on the parts used and the way they are fitted.have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CaptainDumbass Gamer, Engineer, Mechanic, Airsofter. Find out more about CaptainDumbass
                  Working...
                  X