Motor seems to jump a lot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor seems to jump a lot...

I have a KWA Defender and the motor seems to jump a lot inside the hand grip. It fires perfectly well, and doesn't screech so i was wondering if other people have a similar issue with there aeg's. Also it seemed to get warm fairly quickly when i was test firing it. Not red hot but enough to feel it through the grip. I normally wear gloves when firing it so it could have always been warm and i haven't noticed it before.

Re: Motor seems to jump a lot...

do you mean you can feel it move in the grip or is there a spike in the speed of the motor , some grips are tighter fitting than others and the motor can rotate a few degrees inside the looser grips giving a little thump that you can feel , it generally does no harm , if it bothers you take the motor out and wrap some tape around it but make sure its not a tight fit , just enough to take up the slack. if the motor is spinning faster at times it could be a loose pinion and you want to take a look urgently .

Comment

Re: Motor seems to jump a lot...

do you mean you can feel it move in the grip or is there a spike in the speed of the motor , some grips are tighter fitting than others and the motor can rotate a few degrees inside the looser grips giving a little thump that you can feel , it generally does no harm , if it bothers you take the motor out and wrap some tape around it but make sure its not a tight fit , just enough to take up the slack. if the motor is spinning faster at times it could be a loose pinion and you want to take a look urgently .
      It just feels like it's jumping inside the grip. I took it out yesterday cause the spade connectors came off. It was firmly inside the housing (must have been against a wire that was causing it to be a tighter fit) when i tried to pull it out, so it's probably because i inserted it back inside the grip without trapping a wire that's causing it. Well that's what it looks like now you said that anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Antny Find out more about Antny
      Working...
      X