Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effects of changing inner barrels...

Hi,

I was thinking about having a few different barrel set ups in my armoury so that depending on what site i am playing at then i can have a longer or shorter set longer for woodland and shorter for CQB.

at the moment i have a classic army M15a4 SPC - inner barrel length approx 360mm

i wanted to change this for a cqb-r barrel set (approx 275mm) for cqb games and an M16 set for woodland games (barrel approx 510mm).

Now reading about a bit i am starting to think that it is not as simple as being able to just swap barrel sets as this effects the gun and different barrels could need different cylinders depending on barrel length?

Got a bit confusing to say the leats so if anyone can help i would be very grateful.

Cheers

Neil
    sigpic

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101821

Re: effects of changing inner barrels.......

I dont think it matters too much, i ran a m4a1 front end, then changed that to a stubby front so barrel lengths changed from 363mm to 185mm and didnt make any difference

Comment

For the big differences there, it will make a difference. 273mm to 510mm.... almost double the barrel capacity to shift.

You are aware using a "CQB length" weapon for woodland will achieve the same range?

Comment

The cylinder must push roughly the same volume of air as the capacity of the barrel.

Any less and the cylinder starts to suck the BB back, slowing it down.

Any more and it can destabilise the BB as it leaves the barrel.

As Jag points out, the main thing is the hop, not the barrel length.
        sigpic

Comment

To be honest the whole thing was more about having a different looking weapon for woodland as i like the look of the M16 but there is no way i could use an M16 at the UCAP site i regularly play at as i would keep getting stuck in doorways and probably between the tunnels walls with an M16 LMAO!

Not doing it for anything other than cosmoetics really but needed to be sure i would not create other issues as a result. Im not doing the whole "i want more range" therefore i want a bigger inner barrel as to be fair the difference is probably minimal and like you say for best range its all in how you have set the hop ;-)

Thanks for the replies
          sigpic

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101821

Comment

i know the difference in cylinder should affect the bb like robin has said but i have often wanted to ask why on earth does g&p always use a full cylinder for all of the gb's... cqb or rifle ? i have not noted any ill effects and i always use the full cylinder as its a fully sealed unit

to the op inner/outer barrel options

m733 = 300mm
            m15 cqb = 280mm

so when using your m4a1(360mm) size barrel you should be able to get away with not going in the gb
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Neilski Find out more about Neilski
            Working...
            X