Airsoft AEG Ares G36C Not Firing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft AEG Ares G36C Not Firing.

I recently bought the ARES G36C, I had a few starting problems with it. But I fixed them no problem.

I got it working, fired off about 3 magazines, worked perfectly.

I then take the battery out, charge it for the full charging time.

And when I go to put it back in, the gear makes a a hollow clicking and I can feel the battery getting hotter the more I pull the trigger.

Anyone know what could be wrong with it?

Re: Airsoft AEG Ares G36C Not Firing.

That happens with mine when the red wire meets the black wire, and the black wire meets the red wire. Make sure you haven't tried connecting them with one of the connectors turned upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by EddMaleyAirsoft View Post
      That happens with mine when the red wire meets the black wire, and the black wire meets the red wire. Make sure you haven't tried connecting them with one of the connectors turned upside down.
      This is the problem I had before, I fixed that and It worked after that.

Comment

It does sound like you have a short circuit somewhere in there.
        Go over your wiring and make sure you
        a) Don't have any parts of the wire exposed
        b) Have heat-shrinked/'leccy tape wrapped any joins (especially at the connectors)
        c) Haven't got any wire trapped in between anything
        d) Check over any parts that conduct electricity to ensure no faults/melted components etc are causing shorts

If you have one, a multi-meter will help identify the problematic area if there's nothing physically obvious.

Also as said, ensure that if you aren't using the same battery, the connectors aren't the wrong way round on the others as well. If I remember correctly, RC batteries used to come with them in the opposite set up to "standard" airsoft batteries/chargers (although that might have changed)

Comment

Sounds like a stupid reply but just incase it was over looked I will throw it in. I have a g36 with a gear box that jammed once the gear box clicked and the battery got hot but it didn't fire. So it could be a jam or the box might be too hard pressed together ( bottom plate on grip is the usual suspect ) Do hope this helps

Now, where did I put that damn detonator.

Comment

That's not a bad call actually, one of the screws for the gearbox plate fell out somehow, so I bought a new set, but the screws I bought weren't exactly the same as the G36C screws. It fitted okay, I would've bought the same screws but it seems like ARES use totally unique parts to other brands.

Comment

Area I found to be like the best guns going. But yea make the gearbox lock again then undo those screws and listen for a click

Now, where did I put that damn detonator.

Comment

Never touched a g36 or anything, but is the reversal latch preventing the bevel gear from rotating? Like, the latch could be preventing it from moving and you may need to release the latch somehow.
                Of course I've never been near this gun and know nothing about the V3 gearbox so it may be all different but half the time it heats up is due to the latch being squashed out of place making the motor strain and preventing the bevel gear from rotating, this is just a suggestion so I have no idea if I'm right or not.

Comment

Press the button. In the trigger guard and it should release the anti reversal latch allowing the gearbox. To reset
                  you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KrypticTurd Find out more about KrypticTurd
                  Working...
                  X