Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Bushings & Spring on TM MC51

Hi all,
    I have recently acquired my new Tokyo Marui mc51 and im interested in upgrading the spring and bushings for a bit more power. Just wondering if anybody on here had any experience with this gun? I already have a Guarder 100 Spring and some new steel bushings. Just a bit cautious about starting the upgrade as i've only ever worked on L96's and A&K Dragunov Spring actions. Is the replacing of a new spring and bushings an easy job in an aeg? Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Jordan

Re: Upgrading Bushings & Spring on TM MC51

I would advise looking up some videos and tutorials on assembling a gearbox (V2 GB in a MC51?). They're not super hard but can be fiddly.

May I ask what you're hoping to achieve with your upgrades?
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
      I would advise looking up some videos and tutorials on assembling a gearbox (V2 GB in a MC51?). They're not super hard but can be fiddly.
      The G3 family, which includes the MC51, does indeed use a V2 gear box. Makes life easy, as you have the same basic gearbox setup as in the M4 and MP5, so gearbox instruction videos and tutorials are really easy to find.

Be warned, if it uses the same design as the G&G, the selector is fiddly to get back together. perfectly doable, but fiddly.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Did the same thing with an M100 spring a while back on my TM G3. It's fairly straightforward to do but putting gearboxes back together properly, like bob said, can be fiddly so be patient with it and don't expect it to be a quick 5 minute job.

It can be a trial by fire sometimes and the last thing you want is to completely brick your brand new RIF before you've got to use it.

I'd strongly advise you to watch some instructional videos and read the guide stickied on this part of the forum.

Also, look into getting some shims for your gearbox as well and shimming your gears properly. Since you're opening it up anyway, you may as well.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Just wanting a bit of an fps boost (i know FPS i'snt everything but cant beat a good sting on impact) OK so i'm looking for some instructional videos on the M4 V2 gearbox? OK i'll have look at getting some shims sorted aswell. New to AEGs, so theres gonna be a learning curve!
          Thanks a lot!
          Jordan

Comment

So as Bob confirmed for me, the G3 family use V2 gearboxes.

Here a fairly decent guide to disassembly/reassembly.
            http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Co...bo-t81541.html

A good shimming guide
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RW6C2cBUro

TMs are known for being very good despite their lower velocties so maybe consider a tightbore barrel, maybe a new hop rubber (TM ones are also meant to be very good)?
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Thanks for the links! i'll have a look now mate.
              Thanks
              Jordan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jordancov Find out more about Jordancov
              Working...
              X