Madbull barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull barrel

I have a v2 black python and the grouping is very broad (not as close as I'd want it to be)
    I am getting a new r-hop (could be the problem) and this time I should get it right, but I was thinking is there any barrels that are significantly better say PDI, Prometheus ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Re: Madbull barrel

PDI are good i think they're pretty expensive though.

Apparently wider bore barrels are good I don't know never used one

Read this

Comment

The Madbull barrels are coated, so the barrel might work well for a while, but when the coating is gone, the barrel is no better than standard.

Regarding replacements, PDI make exceptional barrels, but they are expensive. As you mentioned, Prometheus make fantastic barrels. Their stainless steel EG series of barrels is favoured by myself, and a tech friend of mine who does a lot of R-hops. They are cheaper than PDI, but you're still looking at upwards of £50. Lonex barrels are nice, and are rather cheap. They need a good, deep clean before use as they are shipped with a film of oil to protect the barrel.

Don't go any smaller than 6.03 as it will just cause problems. If it were my cash, I'd go for the prommy. (As a matter of fact, i'll be buying one soon for my AUG) Lovely barrels.

If you don't want

Comment

Thanks, I might go and buy a new barrel :D

I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

I have the 6.01 madbull tightbore version with r-hop and run it at 28rps full auto alll the time! Very good.
          It's a myth that you shouldn't go under 6.03mm. I've never had a single jam after thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds at high ROF.

BB brand and bb weight make waaaaaaay more difference than barrel diameter

Comment

before going and buying a new barrel. check the hop... it makes a LOT more difference than the barrel. I reckon that fixing that will net you a bigger improvement than the barrel swap.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Johnny is absolutley right, I should have mentioned that in my previous post. There are much cheaper ways of improving accuracy. In all of my own guns, the barrel is the last thing I have replaced.

Before the barrel, come all the required airseal stuff to make is as consistent as possible. If there is no shot-to-shot consistency, no shot will follow the other. Once the airseal is sorted, then I change the hop rubber. I normally try 2-3 as they are cheap, and can always be used as replacment parts if needs be. Once the hop rubber is chosen, then is the time for a barrel change. The reason expensive barrels make a difference, is because the attention to detail that goes into making them is much higher than a stock AEG barrel. The bore is far more straight and consistent hence greater accuracy.

Comment

Haven't had any experience with PDI vs. other tight bores but I changed a 500mm madbull 6.03 for a 363mm 6.03mm prometheus a while back and saw the results. I know its not a fair test and I did not control my extraneous variables! So don't get your pitchforks out for your "barrel length does or does not equal accuracy debate", it's just an interesting comparison. Also I believe due to their different design, the madbull will wear out significantly faster than the Prommy. And bonus fact I prefer a nice heavy and sturdy stainless steel barrel to a light and brittle feeling aluminium. Just my two pence!
                Cardiff University Airsoft Society
                Like our Facebook page.
                And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
                sigpic

Comment

I've fitted a couple of madbull barrels in my time and one thing is that the external size of the barrel is tiny bit skinnier than other barrels. Do a quick google for a 'floss mod', which is basically using dental floss to remove any air leaks between the barrel and hop rubber.

Other thing that can have results is using PTFE tape between the hop rubber / hop unit and over the end of the join between the rubber and the barrel. Worked wonders in my MP5.

Comment

Prometheus for me!

WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gezer love airsoft and getting to know everything about it as a sport and the great friends that we meet. Find out more about gezer
                    Working...
                    X