Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SCAR

Hi

Looking to change the main spring in my TM Scar and need to know if its the same as the M4 V2 type which are a little shorter due due the recoil weight being directly behind the spring or like the G36 and AK whihch are standard length springs

Thanks

Re: TM SCAR

Ask philthatblokewithascar, he knows all
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The spring is a retained one within the piston and is shorter than the standard Springs as it is retained by a block in the front of the piston, the piston head is screwed from the front face of the head so you'll either need to drill the front of the head to expose the screw or replace the piston with the hard prommy one and get another head, the recoil unit is on the top of the gearbox, not like the socom/sopmod being behind the gearbox, a lot of the genuine TM parts are not available separately like the piston and some of the very small springs, there is an eagle6 vid on YouTube on how to take down the gearbox and be careful not to lose the tiny spring on the right side of the box that activates the bolt lock as these are irreplaceable mate

I do have a few spare parts for these gearboxes knocking about including full oe gear sets and a piston and spring if you get stuck

I've done a couple of scar boxes and they can be a proper pain to get back together
      And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

May just wait with spring until I can get all the prommy parts in one go, have also heard that you can't mix the recoil parts as you could with normal AEG parts.

Comment

That's correct, a lot of the parts are proprietary and some even specific to just one rifle, the piston in the scar and the AK look the same but are fractionally different so you do nene to make sure you get the bits for the scar, you can't use a bearing piston head on the prommy piston either due to the spring retaining part but check with a company that does the recoil parts ( no names mentioned lol) above and get the right bits
          And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
          Working...
          X