Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Weird SRC hop up parts and hop up gears no adjusting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird SRC hop up parts and hop up gears no adjusting??

Just decided to open up my SRC hop up unit and compared others on the web, the parts in the unit seems really weird.. The hop up arm looks like it has a built in scs nub or whatever? And I never have remembered it having a bucking either.. Like I don't even.. Is this meant to happen? Have SRC plastic moulded an scs nub in there or something? Also I've noticed that my hop up doesn't adjust or anything, when I use the adjustment the hop arm with the nub thing (no not the rubber nub like the nub it has built in idk) it doesn't move down unless you push the actual arm itself on the top
    Since this is in pieces on my desk (the arm flew off somewhere lol), can anyone tell me:
    Does this even need a rubber nub?
    Why is there an scs plastic nub thing there
    Why does my hop up not adjust?
    Cheers guys no idea if you understood that but yeah

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Re: Weird SRC hop up parts and hop up gears no adjusting??

I meant I never remembered the hop up having a rubber nub*

Comment

You can change that arm

Comment

I need a more specific answer:c I could go abouts buying a new full metal single piece hop up, but for now I want responses to this, the arm is intriguing me

Comment

Hey guys I think I might've fixed the hop up wheels - I just assembled it differently and noticed what I did wrong.. it appears that one of the gears wasn't assembled correctly in the factory i'm assuming (the hop up has NEVER worked for me before! even new out the box!!) I slapped the rubber onto the weird plastic nub by taking out the hop up lever and putting some glue on the rubber so it glues to the plastic nub, seems to have a snug fit
          this means nothing until i test fire tomorrow - wish me luck for results!

Comment

you need more than just luck...change the chamber because it stink like shit

Comment

there's nothing wrong with having a built in H nub but id be more worried about why there's no adjustment going on .

Comment

The unit does not need a rubber nub as it has the moulded in plastic nub. However, SRC hop units are generally pieces of small bird poo; the best thing that you can do is to fit a decent hop unit.

Comment

I seemed to work out why there was no adjustment, primarily because the gears weren't set up right so I made sure the hop up was on full and then I put the gears in.
                  If this don't work then I will just spend like £20 on a g&p unit..
                  And there's another problem with that because my hop up is two-piece
                  In the image there is the plastic hop up and a metal feeding part.. Will a one piece metal hop up actually fit into here?? And also I can't remove that metal piece unless I take out the gearbox- which I'm not gonna do lol

Comment

you could get an original TM two piece hop , that should be better but what's the issue with not moving the gearbox ? , its 5 screw's and a pin from where you are in that picture.

Comment

So guys, results are in. Popped a few shots out to the bush in my front garden (bush is about 50m away by a road don't worry no cars), I put the hop up onto a slight setting and my ranges were excessive of 50m. I upped the setting a bit and the bbs still flew near enough flawlessly with (0.25g), barely any fliers, all bbs seemed to be near enough on-target, very accurate now indeed. But I noticed something that set my ears back a little..
                      The gun sound (even with hop up off) completely changed, I did have the handguards removed, but the gun had slight airy, hollow sound to it, it appeared to be louder (now I don't actually mind this sound since its not the whiney sound of an aeg) but the sound appears completely different and I don't know why, my main concern is air leak, but I think the sound is kinda cool.. I don't know how I can explain the sound it's emitting but honestly it's really strange it sounds like its a polarstar or something..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeno Find out more about jakeno
                      Working...
                      X