Real Sword Type 97 and 11.1v Lipos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Sword Type 97 and 11.1v Lipos

I'm getting my old type 97 back off a friend. Got it in a swap about a year ago, and just about started to like it when I sold it soon after. So getting it back in a trade so I can play with it more.

Out of curiosity, can the gearbox handle an 11.1v lipo on full auto? It's completely standard inside. And not seen a lot of use. Both it's owners since new are collectors rather than skirmishers

Re: Real Sword Type 97 and 11.1v Lipos

I use an 11.1 on mine occasionaly and the guns internals cope with it very well . Has a tendancy to be on the borders of overspin though . If you want Rof a permanent solution is the motor from a 97b or an aftermarket Motor to gain the extra Rof . Much kinder to the trigger contacts on a 7.4 battery .
    With a MOSFET I can see no problem at all with 11.1 power .
    The 97b uses a high speed motor wheras the 97 uses a high torque motor as standard .

Comment

Super. Any one with any experience please join in!

Comment

I've run my type 97b on a 9.9life and never had any issues although I didn't feel there was that much of an increase over a good 7.4lipo, change your motor for a lonex higher speed and I think you'll see a far better result and not feck your trigger contacts or gearbox ben
        And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Couldn't handle a external battery on a real sword gun . I take it that's how you run the life battery on it . I have a custom made nunchuck lipo in mine at the moment . Half in the foregrip and the other half in the pistol grip . Tight fit but at least you can then have a decent capacity inside the gun . Rather than use a bag or peq box .

Comment

No, if you drop the pistol grip lower off you will see there is an extra but pointless piece of moulding half way down the pistol grip itself, take that out carefully with a Dremel and a single lipo or the new short life will just go in without having to take the lower off every time to change the battery, just slide the pistol grip bottom plate off and away you go, I'll pull mine apart and get a couple of pictures for you if you need them boys
            And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I know that mod I was the guy who originally posted it up many moons ago . !
              The additional mod is to extend the wiring on your battery ( nun chuck type ) and carry half the battery in the pistol grip and the other half in the front of the gun . Enables a whole days play with no battery changes. . Occasionaly I have been known to use a fake laser unit on the ris that I have fitted to the forgrip area , enabling even more battery space to be found . Magpul short polymer ris line up perfectly with the holes in the front vents on the forgrip area of the gun ( type 97 only , not b )
              There is now a complete upper receiver set available for these guns , replaces the carrying handle and lowers the sight line , also has a full ris front , which totaly changes the look of the gun . Pricey though !

Comment

These mids have already been done. Spacing is not an issue, it's voltage I'd like to know about, and whether the stock gearbox will happily handle it for several yets

Comment

I got my baby back, pulled the trigger and nothing. So had a look to see what's wrong. I'm not going crazy am I, I mean, there's no connection on the motor there?

But where the heck is the wire?!?

Comment

Comment

That's correct mate, one of the wires is soldered onto the motor normally, I've retired mine with normal terminals but it restricts the amount that the ejection port can open making the hop very fiddly to adjust

Comment

But where is the wire that should be there? I can't find any stray wires!

Comment

I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow if it'll help Ben

Comment

It's okay I fixed it! I thought the motor connection was the problem, as there's a spade but no wire. It's actually soldered into a different part of the motor body, on the underside in that picture. Bit strange as one is connected properly the other is improvised!

The actual cause of it not working was the fuse was unplugged in the handguard. Had no idea it even had a fuse. Back up and running and very pleased

Comment

Another quick one.

I know the real sword gearboxes are mostly proprietary, but are the gears themselves? Looking at photos they look like standard gears. But for all I know they could be a heck of a lot wider. Has anyone put a real sword gear set in any other gun? They have a reputation for bomb proof gears yet no one uses them?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X