SL8 still jamming up and not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL8 still jamming up and not working

So, my SL8 hasn't been working ever since I tried put a new bucking in it, which was the madbull shark fin one. I orderd and put in a regular bucking with the regular nub. Same problem persists. All the BB's clog up and then 4-5 come out at once. It wont work with the mags or anything. Any suggestions?

Re: SL8 still jamming up and not working

I'm assuming the issue is the same now as it was before you put in the new bucking?

Have you tried different mags (and if you're using high-caps, have you made sure to wind it enough)
    Have you tried pushing the mags (gently) up into the mag well while firing
    Have you taken the hop all the way off and tried
    Potentially an issue with the gearbox as well - I'd hold the gun upside down with no mag and fire it, you should be able to see the nozzle going all the way into the hop unit (i.e. the tip should go beyond the hole in the bottom of the unit that you're looking down) - if it doesn't it indicates a problem with either the nozzle, tappet plate, tappet plate spring, or potentially the sector gear (solved by installing a sector gear clip)

Comment

Re: SL8 still jamming up and not working

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
      I'm assuming the issue is the same now as it was before you put in the new bucking?

Have you tried different mags (and if you're using high-caps, have you made sure to wind it enough)
      Have you tried pushing the mags (gently) up into the mag well while firing
      Have you taken the hop all the way off and tried
      Potentially an issue with the gearbox as well - I'd hold the gun upside down with no mag and fire it, you should be able to see the nozzle going all the way into the hop unit (i.e. the tip should go beyond the hole in the bottom of the unit that you're looking down) - if it doesn't it indicates a problem with either the nozzle, tappet plate, tappet plate spring, or potentially the sector gear (solved by installing a sector gear clip)
      I've tried most of those things except the things with the tapet plate etc. I'm not confident enough to take the gearbox apart and do it myself.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Zedhan Find out more about Zedhan
      Working...
      X