X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: custom build

Originally posted by pete148 View Post
    Second that.

Only thing you can add to that is a 11.1 lipo, mosfet and a heavy duty cut off lever
    He mentioned a MOSFET and as RoF isn't the goal here, a 7.4v high discharge should so the trick.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

My advice to you would be to buy a decent gun to start with. See how it performs and then change one thing at a time until its right. There is no holy grail of parts that will do what you want. Its all about how each part works with each other. The manufacturing tolerances of those parts will vary from batch to batch.
      For example I have bought and removed tons of 'upgrade' parts. I have added ball bearing vented piston heads and found that the original worked better, ive added Systema cylinder and found that other cheaper ones worked better, ive added 2 identical looking parts and had them act differently. Just because it has a 'name' it doesn't mean it will improve anything. As I said, there isn't a holy grail parts list. the only 'must' I have is a Guarder spring. They hold their strength and are as labelled. That being said I have 2 M4's that shoot 360fps, one has an SP85 spring in it and one has an SP120. Its all to do with the other parts its working with.

Im a huge ICS fan as I like to be able to tinker with bits easily without removing and reinstalling the entire gearbox every time. That being said, the best out of the box (performance to £) M4 I have used is the G&G Top Tech.

Get one and see how it works, then, only try to improve things that actually need improving. they now come with an mosfet so trigger response should be sorted, get a decent battery with a high C rating, (20 or above) stay with a 7.4v Lipo. They already have upgraded wiring, and they have a high torque motor. Oh and they have a pretty decent 6.03 tightbore too.

Once you have skirmished the gun a few times then you can see what needs to be improved.

Then start changing one thing at a time. get yourself a chrono, chrono for FPS and ROF before every change and after. For example, you want a better air seal, chrono before, change the piston head and chrono again, you might find that the 'upgrade' did the reverse.

My personal opinion would be to just get the Top Tech and leave it at that, but if you are going to tinker first get a chrono so you can see if your tinkering has had the effect you wanted.

Hope that helps
      I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

I like all the feed back .. guy I'm not going to lie .. I like to tinker :-) I already have a high performance rifle ( tm recoil cqbr with fire fly bucking and bells and whistles ) the main reason for me asking this question was so that with a 400 quid budget I want to build another rifle that can possably out perform the recoil and also for doing my first complete project build ... If that makes sence at all :-)

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Comment

that makes sense, but why spend £400 or more on building a rifle when you can start with a decent platform and fine tune it. cosmetics you can do another time. What is it you want to improve exactly. I like to tinker in the workshop and have a couple of custom guns, but now, if I had the money, id get a top tech or a new ICS and go from there.
          I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

I just like the idea of putting something together from scratch internally .. I used to build pc's so I think it stems from that but going back to top top tech's I hate there trades on rifles .. but what are ics rifles like ? I have never owned one . And how are us there performance out of the box ..

Comment

I'd get a nice condition VFC and go from there...

High torque motor, Mosfet, nice battery will sort trigger response.

Then a tbb and firefly hop for range, accuracy and consistancy.

You could then fiddle with it inside if you so wished, changing out the self shimming gears etc.

Most of all, you'll have a great looking gun that you'll love as much as the work you put into it.

Comment

Originally posted by poacher2k View Post
                I just like the idea of putting something together from scratch internally .. I used to build pc's so I think it stems from that but going back to top top tech's I hate there trades on rifles .. but what are ics rifles like ? I have never owned one . And how are us there performance out of the box ..

ICS guns are good, up there certainly but IIRC (someone correct me if I'm wrong) ICS guns use a lot of proprietary parts so that might make the build difficult.
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poacher2k ex - front line infantry Find out more about poacher2k
                Working...
                X