how do i convert my sterling to semi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i convert my sterling to semi?

right, i have a sterling, and i have already found that having a semi function or 2 rnd burst would be so much more helpful and it would enable me to use it in cqb....

here are some pics of the gearbox...

so, what can i use to bring this into a semi auto beast?
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: how do i convert my sterling to semi?

get a mosfet. or a 3 rounds burst wizard
    sigpic

Comment

i already have a 3rnd kong burst wizard i won a while back, at least im pretty sure thats what it is, it arrived with the other gifts loose... but when i use it i get anywhere between 2-4 shots for each trigger pull, so its not really viable. i want a reliable 1 or 2 rnd burst, possibly 3

what sort of mosfet would i need?

this is what i have...

Comment

If I remember rightly the king kong 'fets (or variants thereof) have a setting which allows for semi automatic on a short trigger pull, changing to fully auto after around half a second of the trigger being held down. Tuning the length of burst by adjusting the potentiometer should also give the desired effect!.

*it's been ages since I had hands on with one of these so all of the above may be total rubbish, but king kong mosfets have excellent instructions on their website*

Comment

is it worth sticking in something like an ab mosfet? or is that pointless with something like a burst wizard, either that or is there something else out there (cheap) that will do both?

or will not having a selector plate make it a bit useless?

:edit:

been trying the burst wizard, the pot seems to be all over the place whenever i touch it, it will go from barely doing one shot, to full auto, to 1-2 shots, to full auto, to 4 rnd back to 1/2 a shot then full auto again. and that isnt even a whole turn of the pot
          Last edited by bob86; 11 March, 2014, 21:56.

Comment

Burst wizards can be varied from single shot to burst to full auto . They don't protect the trigger contacts in the same way as a wired in MOSFET . But they now do a version that can be wired in.

Comment

ignoring i have this burst wizard (as it seems shit), from what i can tell it might actually be either a v1 or an avocado clone...

after a lot of digging tonight, i think i am going to go for a 'Burst Wizard King Kong Super 2 MOSFET' It looks like an awesome bit of kit.

Comment

the new style King Kong burst wizard can be hard wired and will protect the switch ,adjust ROF ,adjust the number of shots ,complete cycle ,detects low voltage on lipo's and have an AB function , it's only if you use them as plug in's that they are a bit crap , if you wire them in like any other fet then they are a really good little fet .the reason people don't like them is because if you just plug them in line from the battery they have this soft start function that is meant to protect the switch contacts but it also delay's trigger response a bit but if you wire it in then that does not happen , people just plug them in go Yuck and unplug them and slate them on line without ever trying them hard wired .
                Last edited by dadio; 12 March, 2014, 07:59.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                Working...
                X