Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weight bbs should I use?

Hey all,

Just completed and M4 DMR style build. Only fitted a madbull tightbore and hop up as I like the flexibility of being able to use it for CQB and its already doing a solid 50m on .2g (my local site doesnt have too many spaces greater than that).

Anyways, I was wondering what weight bb I should use if I want more range? I hear people say they use .28s for DMRs but I have no knowledge of the subject and wondered what others recommend. Thanks for reading

Re: What weight bbs should I use?

as your DMr is not really a dmr (high fps) .25 is probably best.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help

Comment

I'd love to see a true, not-overhopped 50 metres from an M4 style hop up at AEG power levels with a 0.2!

But as a general rule, at 300-350fps 0.25s will get more range as they have more momentum and are affected that tiny bit less by the air resistance as a result. You're talking probably 3-4m at best though. Their real bonus is that their weight makes them a bit more stable and they fly ever so slightly straighter.

0.28s just tip the scale a bit too much and would probably go a similar range to the 0.2 but would be a lot more consistently accurate.

The ideal weight is probably something around 0.268 grams or something silly like that that isn't manufactured.
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I use .25s in my dmr. Get the odd flyer but gun not broken in yet. At 30mtrs I can consistently hit an 18 x 9 inch blockwork. (apart from the odd flyer).
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Haha! Well Welshy, you're in luck! Honest to god my M4 does 50m on .2, have measured myself and I can't stand it when people claim their M4 shoots a ridiculous distance like 70m or whatever.

Though if I only gain 3-4m out of it it hardly seems worth it, mines pretty damn accurate on .2s already

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mullers2009 Find out more about mullers2009
            Working...
            X