Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 Magazine Catch - Plastic Tab Broken

Hey guys!

Well, here's the summary. There's two small plastic tabs on the body of the P90 that the mag release catch snaps over. One of these tabs has snapped off.

I've tried super gluing it, but it came away again after a few days. I've tried fabricating a new one from QuikSteel, which looked great, but aghain, it just came away. There wasn't enough adherence to the plastic. Each time the plastic was keyed with sandpaper, and then cleaned up with spirits.

This is the other tab, as it should be. It's literally just the wedge part of the tab that's come away.

Any ideas? Or, alternatively, does anyone have a broken P90 or spare body up for grabs?

Re: P90 Magazine Catch - Plastic Tab Broken

Well, after a ton of research, I think the best way to fix this is with a Plastex kit. My plan is to use the moulding bar on the good side, pressing to tightly to the tab, but not quite covering the top of the tab, then when I flip it over onto the other side of the body, there will be a nice gap I can drop the solvent into, hopefully causing a good solid chemical bond. I'll find out after payday when I can actually order the kit!

Does anyone have any experience with Plastex?

EDIT: Might have an OD TM P90 body on the way. Still going to try the repair though, the idea of a drab and a black body is too enticing!
    Last edited by RitchieTheBrit; 16 March, 2014, 16:13.

Comment

Thanks to REMSoft, I have a TM lower on its way next weekend. What a diamond guy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, the replacement body was I need of repair as well, so I took a chance on Plastex. It worked a treat! I'll post pics tomorrow, but I can guarantee I'll be keeping some of this in my tool box!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RitchieTheBrit Ex-squaddie, graphic designer, guy who keeps tripping over. Find out more about RitchieTheBrit
        Working...
        X