Weird fix/issue with G&G L85A2 semi auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird fix/issue with G&G L85A2 semi auto

Hi Guys. I just got my G&G L85A2. I love the thing, it's hop is great and although a tad hot, now firing at 315 fps....

(I have used the search function, it seems this is somewhat unique, even the Internet can't throw up any suggestions!)

I knew this could have an issue with semi down the line BUT, I was not expecting it to be IMMEDIATE!
    Right away, the gun would only half cycle in semi, but auto was fine.... oh dear, brings back memories of my Army R85A1... *shudder*

I was left thinking why didn't I just buy Ares, like my L85A2 before hand many years ago...

I set to work with finding a solution...

Something weird has been discovered:

This DOESN'T work
    20140319_155153.jpg
    ...Nothing seems overly wrong no? Now look below...

This DOES work
    20140319_155235.jpg
    ...seriously, WTF. I take off half the trigger assembly and it suddenly works and no longer shorts out the circuit half way through the cycle!

Nevertheless, as I post this I am going to reassemble and enjoy my G&G L85A2 with lovely recoil and enjoy both full AND semi functions!

Anyone seen this elsewhere? or can give me an explanation? :p I am sure I can work out why but right now I am suffering with some virus and can hardly think- probably not the best idea to be doing this in the first place!

GP.
    sigpic

Re: Weird fix/issue with G&G L85A2 semi auto

Update.

I decided to remove the extra wire and the copper connector that was on the metal cover of the trigger mech.
    (Idea was to replace the metal cover to protect the contacts)

....it appears that the gun only fires if that cover is off. Still works like intended without the cover on but for some reason this cover causes the issue!! Maybe it connects to the contacts when it shouldn't? Creates excess resistance?

- - - Updated - - -

Update 2.

Just lined the metal contact cover with ductape.
    It works fine now!

It must have been causing a resistance problem!
    Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 19 March, 2014, 16:27. Reason: Title was dodgy
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
    Working...
    X