Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROF the best way?

Hi all

I'm looking to upgrade my G&G SIG 553's ROF.

I understand I will need a hi torque motor but after that I'm not too sure what to do. I'm looking to do this properly I understand this won't be cheap.

I'm looking for advice on products, the process and the best place to buy top of the range internals.

If anyone has any decent second hand internals please pm me.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signature Removed

Re: ROF the best way?

When you say high, what exactly do you mean in terms of numbers? Cause its a pretty subjective thing, high to me would be about 30-40 whereas to someone who builds high ROF guns a lot may be 60+. Of youve got an idea of what you want to hit then it'll be easier to reccomend parts that you'll need to change and mods you'll need to do

Comment

I meant a higher torque motor. I'm not sure what the current ROF is at the moment as I don't have a chrono.

I'm not sure what you mean by 30-40

Thanks for replying

Signature Removed

Comment

I'm pretty sure you need a high speed motor not high torque. What battery's are you using? If your using an 8.4v put a 9.6 in it and it will increase. Or get a MOSFET and an 11.1v lipo. After that it gets serious. Swiss cheezing pistons and dsg gears.

Comment

Using 7.4 at the moment. I'm not looking to increase it dramatically but a good improvement is needed. So what you said sounds like the right move.

Thanks a lot.

Signature Removed

Comment

Definately sort yourself with a high torque. Not high speed. High speed motors are generally inefficient and heat up quickly. The trigger response might be an improvement when put up against a standard motor, but will be sluggish when compared to a high torque motor. I'd advise you go with a Lonex A2. They are probably one of the best airsoft motors out there right now. Some argue that the G&P M180 satan motor is better, and i can't argue that because they are very good, but also very expensive. Lonex A2s are around £45. Couple that with a MOSFET of some sort, (not the plug and play variety) and the 7.4 lipo you already have and that should give a pretty good ROF.

If you want to go further, ( and I advise you do) get yourself some 13:1 ratio gears, shim them perfectly, correct your AoE with some sorbothane, and make the piston assembly as light as possible. That should give a lovely improvement. All of that should give you between 25-30 RPS, depending on the build.

There are ways to go further such as Dual sector gear builds, and 11.1 lipo use, but if you are new to gearbox work, I advise you to keep to the simpler stuff first, then when you have more experience, try some more advance builds to achieve very high rates of fire.

Comment

Just ordered a lonex a2 and will be looking into a more resilient MOSFET.

Thanks for your advice.

Signature Removed

Comment

high torque motor and high speed gears. 13:1 should do fine. Upgrade your wiring to 16 awg Teflon and fit a mosfet, any active braking one will do as long as its one that wires to the trigger and not a damn burst wizard.

Or, depending on where you fir your battery you could get a different one if your only looking for a slight increase. Going from a 7.4 to an 11.1 would help but what works better is to go from a 20C airsoft battery to a 30-40C helicopter battery. this will increase the rate of fire more than a voltage increase, but it depends whether you have the room for a battery like that in a peq box or whether you are crane stock mounted.
                I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scott c 20 Find out more about scott c 20
                Working...
                X