Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Star M249, (again) has anyone tuned one successfully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star M249, (again) has anyone tuned one successfully?

Hi has anyone actually successfully tuned or modified a star M249.
    I posted this yesterday evening but it seems to have vanished after someone else posted on the subject,(don't get me wrong, but please don't automatically assume that I haven't spent time searching first OR perhaps the person was kindly trying to save me a lot of hassle but as I am already committed IE I don't have the option to not own it other than giving it away or selling it, it was cheap too so I don't mind spending money, don't even mind too much If I have to replace almost all of the internals as long as I don't have to remortgage.) Gun is working at the moment but only at a low FPS
    Now the reason I'm posting on this forum is because I HAD searched and cannot find the information I need, such as what's inside it, and, for example, what's the biggest spring that it's internals will take without breaking it? what some of you actually have proven compatible and will fit the beastie

So once again, has anyone tuned a Star m249 and I'm adding the word 'successfully' as there's little other than 'buy something else' and "Good Luck With That!" in the forums.
    sigpic.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
    Especially mine.

Re: Star M249, (again) has anyone tuned one successfully?

If I remember correctly it has a plastic gearbox shell. That alone would put me off upgrading the spring. I'd do a little research first, and see if there is an aftermarket gearbox for it. Which i'm sure there would be. However being a rather old gun i'd suspect it wouldn't be easy to come across one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muppetdaze Edward VII re-enactor, Refugee from a cigar box Find out more about Muppetdaze
    Working...
    X