Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing crazy! RS DD + ICS L85 SA80

Hi guys,

I have an ICS l85 and a real steel DD ris, ive recently bought a load of gear including a Hornbill Products' RIS CNC conversion kit thinking this would do the job, it didnt fit straight away so i filed down the gas block/fore sight base and then also slightly the two square male connectors - now i can get the RIS on and with the imitation gas parts in place and the top of the ris closed it holds 'ish'.

Now here is my problem, with a bump or nudge the top of the ris can fly open (its under a lot of pressure) and then the ris completely detatches - obviously no good for the field. The RS has a hole for a rear retention screw but this does not match up with the ICS. I have heard stories of people that have managed to fit the RS DD to the ICS - can anyone help me complete it - or know a way to finally secure it in place so i don't need to worry about my rifle falling apart in the middle of a game.

Thanks

Re: Filing crazy! RS DD + ICS L85 SA80

Perhaps something is out of square or you have taken off too much material after filing. Make sure you have filed the gas block parallel, or of you have taken too much try shimming.
    The reason the top is opening is that the ris is under too much twist or tension when you screw the front sling loop assembly tight.
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Re: Filing crazy! RS DD + ICS L85 SA80

This is going to be a really stupid question but the conversion kit did come with the sling loop didn't it?
      I ask because your post makes no mention of using the new sling loop screw to secure the RIS to the gas block.

I know the ICS sling loop is secured on from inside the handguard so is of no use when converting to DD RIS.
      If you have the conversion gas block pinned and the new sling loop screw through the new gas block there should be no way at all that the RIS should detach from the rifle.
      The small screw at the back is for nothing more than taking up slack.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Man0waR Find out more about Man0waR
      Working...
      X