Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTW ris loose

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to tighten a RIS on a DTW mine is slightly loose where the ris connects to the receivers and just needs to be tightened ever so slightly but don't wanna mess, if normal AEG not a problem wouldn't need to ask but something is telling me that is won't be the same way as an AEG so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: DTW ris loose

It's got a Marui thread on the upper receiver. So will tighten up just like any other AEG RIS

Comment

Ah right top man wouldn't have expected that as other people have made it sound like a hard job

Comment

It's an odd one. Gen 1 and 2 use a mix/match of parts. Some TM compatible, some PTW compatible. The new models MAX3's are meant to be 100% PTW specific, but I can't say wether or not it's true as I haven't got my hands on one. I have a heavily modified Gen 1. There isn't much DTW left to be honest.

Comment

Mines the Max3. I will have a look

Comment

Oh you bought a standard layout Max3. Nice, the only ones i've seen on the field are MK18's and ones with URX's as standard. The RIS should tighten up as normal though. There is a weirdly shaped coiled spring in the delta ring. This may have become weak over use. The easiest way I know of to fix this, is to take off the delta ring, place a small o-ring over the outer barrel, and then rescrew on the delta ring. This would push the delta ring slightly forward thus putting more pressure on the RIS. This would inturn make it tighter.

However, you first need to make sure it's wobbling from Delta ring end and not the endcap. Due to the nature of chinese manufacturing, the tolerances can be rather poor. It could be that your front site is sitting slightly too far forward. Thus not putting enough pressure on the RIS endcap. To combat this you can wrap some electric tape on the end of the RIS where it meets the endcap.

Comment

What's the best way to get at that then, remove the four RIS pins then work on it or work through the RIS itself ?

Comment

Is it a free float RIS. Or is it just a removable upper and lower RIS handguard rail. A few pictures would be ideal if possible

Comment

It connects by four bolts to a plate that's attached to the receiver. Here's the only pic I have to hand atm bud

Comment

Comment

That's the MK18 Rail. You'll want to tighten all the allen bolts that you see near the receiver.

Comment

Done that and still moves

Comment

Right, if you then unscrew all those, and take the Rail off. Under it you'll find a nut on the upper receiver that looks like this:

You'll want to tighten this up, you'll need a tool to do it. Or a very strong pair of rubber coated plumbing grips. After that you can re-install the Rail

Comment

Ah yeah I did see some threads on the receiver as well, thanks man appreciate your help. Will update once I've given it a go :-)

Comment

If it won't tighten all the way down, you'll need to purchase some barrel washers. Or do it the cheaper way. I use o-rings. I buy packs of multi sized ones for £1.50.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Qlimax87 Find out more about Qlimax87
                              Working...
                              X