Cyma M14 - dmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma M14 - dmr

Hi, firstly sorry if these things seem really basic but I've now spent days doing as much research as I could but I'm still a bit stuck.

I've picked up a cheap Cyma M14 Socom and have to say I'm really really impressed with it for the money.

However, I do already have a few AEG's with good performance so I was thinking about creating a bit of a DMR out of it. (~400fps, and locked to semi-auto).

My plan was this:

1. Stick a TM hop unit in it - Easy enough.
    2. Put a bigger spring in it - Not sure what size though as I can't find out what they are as standard! Any Ideas?
    3. Maybe put a AB programmable mosfet to lock it to semi. I'm a bit stuck here though as I'm not sure what is availiable for a V7 gearbox that would do the job, could anyone shine some light on it please?

I'm aware that creating a dmr does normally require further upgrades to strengthen the gearbox, but I was thinking of just playing with it like that, and just replace things as and when they brake.

Also I know the motor may want swapping for a high torque one, but people in the US seem to be pulling big springs at 400fps just fine with the stock motor - I'd be using a 9.6v battery with it too.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Will

Re: Cyma M14 - dmr

Anyone?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
    Working...
    X