Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Whats the differences v3 an v2 gear box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the differences v3 an v2 gear box?

Whats the difference between a v2 and 3 gear box. Also what platforms do they fit in?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Whats the differences v3 an v2 gear box?

google it mate
    Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

I did lol and got naff all on my phone.

Comment

The gearbox case and the way it's secured
        Trigger mech
        Spring guide
        Motor attachment

V2 found in m4 style guns and others
        V3 found in ak style guns my bros sig 552 has v3 in it.

To name a few
        KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Ah makes sense. So can v3s fit in m4s and mp5s etc due to having slightly bigger receivers etc?

Comment

V2 gearbox is the definitive M4 gearbox. The motor is separate from the gearbox and the trigger and motor wiring is inside the gearbox casing. The V3 has a cage that holds the motor, a reinforcing slide off strip on the top and the wiring runs outside the casing. It's a stronger gearbox and can be easily set up and tested before you fit it back into the gun.
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
            It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Both v2 and v3 are about the same size. The big difference if how the motor attaches, m4 v2 uses a long motor and it's in pistol grip ie pistol grip screws to bottom of motor, while a lot of v3 used short motor housed in a motor cage which mounts to gearbox and pistol grip screws to motor cage, although my bros sig 552 uses v3 with long motor housed in pistol grip v2 style, but v3 has adapter attached to gearbox instead of motor cage.
              KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mole1811 View Post
                Ah makes sense. So can v3s fit in m4s and mp5s etc due to having slightly bigger receivers etc?
                Not usually. The way an M4 grip fits suits it well for a V2 box. Some guns it's a flip of a coin whether it has a V2 or V3 but they are not interchangeable; if it's already got a V2 fitted then the replacement gearbox has to be a V2 as well. Note that some guns also need some add on bits specific to that weapon. An HK UMG for example takes a V3 gearbox but there're some extra bits tacked onto the outside; a standard V3 will fit but it won't work correctly.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
                It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

V3's also have lots of the wiring externally.

V2 guns: M4, M16, MP5 (except MP5K), G3, SCAR, HK416's, SR25's (a modified V2 case often referred to as a V2.5)

V3 guns: G36, AK47, AK74, MP5K, AUG, UMP, SIG550, 551 and 552

There are probably more but can't think of any more.
                  Upcoming Games:
                  None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                  Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                  Working...
                  X