Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latch on charging handle came off!

Hi guys.
    Last night I got a GR16 from a forum member. On the drive back my friend decided he was in a rush and I heard a thud. I got home and a little latch on the left of the charging handle fell on the floor. It doesn't appear to have affected much other than I don't need to press the latch to pull back the charging handle now. I'm hoping that this is mainly cosmetic damage.
    However, I don't seem to be able to pull the charging handle back very far, the dust cover doesn't fully reveal the hop up. I doubt that is related though but may be signs of another problem?

Thanks

Re: Latch on charging handle came off!

I took everything to bits tonight. I think the little pin had come out and got stuck in the gun, preventing the charging handle being able to come all the way back.
    I've fixed that now, I found the pin, but there's a spring missing which makes the latch pop back out. I can't seem to find one or even a full charging handle kit for sale in the UK.
    This is the latch that fell off.

Its a G&G GR16 CQW Rush btw

Comment

That won't affect anything else. Don't worry about it.

Comment

I can see that it's nothing that will affect the mechanics of the gun. It's annoying me though, especially when it's an easy fix.

Comment

I've just walked in the kitchen and found the missing spring laying on the work top. It's now completely fixed.

Strange how the pin randomly turns up on and work top, then the next day so does the spring.
          I've I concentrate on trying to find a top of the range MASADA, maybe that will turn up on the kitchen work top too?

Anyway, thanks for...well, a place to post? lol

Comment

If you have the "blowback" version it might be worth putting a dab of Threadlok on the Pin to stop it vibrating out in future?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lambster Find out more about Lambster
            Working...
            X