X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade advice

Hi guys,

Recently got a G&G GR16 CQW Rush with some upgrades, mainly a Madbull V2 247mm 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel and Madbull 60 degree 'thunder' hop-up bucking.

In my excitement to play with my new toy, I decided to take it to bits and learn a few things about the internals.
    I'm yet to game with it, but depending how it performs this weekend, I'll be possibly looking to make some changes and upgrading further.

I put some PTFE tape on the bucking and around the brass ring to improve the air seal. I've obviously not tested this yet as I have no where to do so.

According to the previous owner, it was running at 320 FPS and easily hitting chest sized targets at 50m. I'd like to see if I can get an extra 10-20 FPS out of it and possibly a little more range and accuracy. If not, it's no bother, I'm just really eager to learn about this stuff and improve things.

Would a better spring help at all? Would a high torque motor do much if I put a higher grade spring in? Would the gearbox need upgrading if I do put another motor in?

Also, is it possible to upgrade to a v3 gearbox? This might be a strange question, but I really like the idea of a quick release spring for easy upgrades or downgrades on the day.

As I said, I've tried to improve air seal but that's all I've done. The rest is planning and looking for advice really.

Cheers

Re: Upgrade advice

Also looking at the possibility of added one of these:
    Link removed - ForceGhost

I love the idea of being able to set up the fire modes how I want them set. Also the added benefits that this thing brings.
    Advice/Opinions?
    Last edited by ForceGhost; 2 April, 2014, 16:44.

Comment

I'd use it for a while as it is, when you've used it for a while it should become clear what you'd like to improve or whether you are happy with it as it is. It's not worth spending money if it's not needed.
      My Latest video

Comment

Well yeah, I will be using it for a fair while before getting any upgrades. This is more of a learning thing to see if the things I'm looking at will work and what they could give me benefit wise. I'm very interested in the spectre mosfet though.
        I'm also out of budget for a couple of months so any upgrades will be waiting until end of May at least anyway

Comment

Thread closed by request of the OP.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lambster Find out more about Lambster
          Working...
          X